• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tbf, Broad and Woakes will both be likely be playing. So there isn't really a place of a third spinner.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Liam Dawson is the final nail in the coffin.

Sack all the selectors. Also it's clear Bayliss is a white ball merchant. Doesn't have a ****ing clue about test cricket.

Indias spinners are performing better so let's select another batsman who can bowl spin. ****ing genius.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
If Woakes' injury is worse though, then they are in a soup. Calling up ANOTHER bowler because he can bat.. smh.

And yeah Cook has been absolutely classless. So has Dobell in crapinfo, but that is more expected. It looks like entire England cricket setup is just trying hard to keep telling themselves they are not facing any great team or players here and that the only reason they are losing is themselves. Dangerous attitude that can spiral downwards pretty quickly.

At least MSD would never talk about the opposition. Here Cook is coming out and saying they are not that good.. :laugh:

ImpatientLime

International Regular
the england setup is becoming a little too obsessed with multi dimensional cricketers.

it doesn't help that dawson won't score runs or take wickets at this level.

bet he smashed those personality tests though.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If Woakes' injury is worse though, then they are in a soup. Calling up ANOTHER bowler because he can bat.. smh.

And yeah Cook has been absolutely classless. So has Dobell in crapinfo, but that is more expected. It looks like entire England cricket setup is just trying hard to keep telling themselves they are not facing any great team or players here and that the only reason they are losing is themselves. Dangerous attitude that can spiral downwards pretty quickly.

At least MSD would never talk about the opposition. Here Cook is coming out and saying they are not that good.. :laugh:
TBF, this seems to be uniquely an English press thing. They do the same when they are knocked out of football tournaments, usually to lower-ranked opposition. I wouldn't hold Cook's comments against him too much.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
its normally cause we didn't show enough pashun innit.

we tend to ignore the fact we're utterly inept as a footballing nation.

harsh.ag

One thing that is quintessentially English - Try an inefficient system or line-up at big tournaments and show great optimism while doing so.

indiaholic

International Captain
If the England team actually believes in the mythical power of the toss, their analysts need to be fired immediately.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
Yup.
It's partly why England sometimes lose, despite investing more than anyone else in staff, expert analysis, facilities, academies, etc.
Superiority complex or an expanded sense of 'I' invariably contributes to downfall. Nature - collective consciousness has a way of bringing you back down to Earth.

In fact, Kohli was saying in the post-match interview that right after Cook won the toss in Mohali, he could hear loud cheers coming all the way from the English dressing room.. they were all celebrating merely winning the toss.

It's no surprise why they lost. The longer this attitude prevails, the longer the things won't go their way.. It's how collective consciousness tends to operate

Anyway, it's shocking that England have picked another bits & pieces cricketer for 5-day cricket...
this is all a load of subjective bollocks tbh. no one has the faintest idea what is being said behind closed doors.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Cook's post match interviews have been a ****ing disgrace.

"They are no supermen."

"There were no magic balls."

"Maybe Jonny Bairstow was the only one that was a good piece of bowling..."

How about some credit to the opposition? Ah well, keep talking. Maybe you will admit things and step out of denial when the score is 4-0. What a ****.
I don't think he meant to necessarily take credit away from India tbh. More that England could've bossed this test but made mistakes which they shouldn't have and failed to take advantage during some key moments.

It did come off pretty poorly though.

Scaly piscine

For the love of ****ing god I was being somewhat facetious when I said they'd call up ****ing Dawson, part of me knew it was a possibility but I thought at some ****ing point common sense would kick in. But no.

Just fire the ****ing selectors and start afresh. ****ing morons.

Spark

Global Moderator
Liam Dawson is the final nail in the coffin.

Sack all the selectors. Also it's clear Bayliss is a white ball merchant. Doesn't have a ****ing clue about test cricket.

Indias spinners are performing better so let's select another batsman who can bowl spin. ****ing genius.
This post is a joke, right

flibbertyjibber

This post is a joke, right
Must be something in the water up that part of the country. Both our Durham posters love to make a mountain out of a molehill.

These same selectors have persevered with Woakes and Rashid when many of us on here had written both off. Been brave enough to select a teenage opener when many thought it was too soon for the lad and also brought back Bairstow when a lot thought he wasn't good enough after his previous failures. Yes they have made mistakes but name me a national board of selectors that haven't made mistakes over the years?

vcs

Professional sportsmen have to tell themselves that results are completely within their control and that every loss can be attributed to their own mistakes, rather than the opposition just being better. Otherwise how would you convince yourself that you can win the next match?

The media should be able to provide a more balanced viewpoint though.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
There is just way too much theory around English cricket. And has been since the days of Andy Flower. Some mighty good players emerging and getting along for a period may have papered over those cracks but God, they are surely not helping themselves by sticking to "plans" as much as they do. Sometimes you need to take punts, go with hunches and sometimes, pick a player because he is actually good, not about how he gets along with others or how he can contribute in other disciplines.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yup.
It's partly why England sometimes lose, despite investing more than anyone else in staff, expert analysis, facilities, academies, etc.
Superiority complex or an expanded sense of 'I' invariably contributes to downfall. Nature - collective consciousness has a way of bringing you back down to Earth.

In fact, Kohli was saying in the post-match interview that right after Cook won the toss in Mohali, he could hear loud cheers coming all the way from the English dressing room.. they were all celebrating merely winning the toss.

It's no surprise why they lost. The longer this attitude prevails, the longer the things won't go their way.. It's how collective consciousness tends to operate

Anyway, it's shocking that England have picked another bits & pieces cricketer for 5-day cricket...
**** me that's a blast from the past.

Welcome back.