• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
5 test matches is an overkill: clearly are doing this to rack up the profits. Teams such as England, New Zealand and Australia are too weak to even play 3 test matches in the subcontinent. Australia will again be playing 4 tests there when they don't have the spinners to tear up the Indian batting line-up. Seriously, Australia 4 test matches in India whereas Bangladesh only gets 1 test match despite having superior spinners in Mehedi and Shakib? sport is a joke. Also take in the fact that it's been more than 7 years since a test between India-Pakistan was held, and we all know Pakistan stands the best chance of beating India in India due to the conditions, and the fact they have Yasir Shah.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
How have I never noticed how garbage Jadeja's action is? Looks like a ****ing net bowling strolling in for a few gentle lobs.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Hopefully England's spinners keep the run rate down before Jimmeh destroys India's middle order with reverse.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Who should I believe LOL... the Indian pundits seem convinced that England are well below par on a good batting track and the Sky ones seem to think the pitch is cracking up already.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Who should I believe LOL... the Indian pundits seem convinced that England are well below par on a good batting track and the Sky ones seem to think the pitch is cracking up already.
That's what they have to tell themselves in order to feel better :laugh:

Honestly speaking there is just enough for the bowlers to keep them interested, but India would have to bat really badly to mess it up from here. The other thing India did really well is keep the runs down yesterday.

Dan_M_Bali

U19 Debutant
England will be happy to see a little bit of movement... especially with a makeshift opener in and the walking wicket Rahane at 5.

vcs

That's what they have to tell themselves in order to feel better :laugh:

Honestly speaking there is just enough for the bowlers to keep them interested, but India would have to bat really badly to mess it up from here. The other thing India did really well is keep the runs down yesterday.
Yeah we've done well so far. The only thing is our batting is too reliant on a couple of guns so need more guys to start contributing.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah we've done well so far. The only thing is our batting is too reliant on a couple of guns so need more guys to start contributing.
Yeah I agree, but this is more Rahane's kind of pitch, and also hopefully Parthiv can play an aggressive innings at the start, a 30 odd from him at the top would be ideal. Not ideal for Karun who hasn't played a game in a month.

Dan_M_Bali

U19 Debutant
Shami's been quite brilliant this innings.
He looks a good bowler. Strange that his average is so toilet duck outside India. You would think conditions in Eng, NZ, SA etc would suit him more than some of the dust bowls he bowls on here.

I think Priyanka Gandhi has to take a fair proportion of the blame for that.

vcs

He looks a good bowler. Strange that his average is so toilet duck outside India. You would think conditions in Eng, NZ, SA etc would suit him more than some of the dust bowls he bowls on here.

I think Priyanka Gandhi has to take a fair proportion of the blame for that.
?