• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Isn't it still lesser than theirs, though? :p

But yeah.. I remember in the 90s and 2000s, we were never really the most athletic fielding side going around, glorious exceptions aside. But damn, were we a good catching side. So many of our out of shape, fat lazy ass looking people were all actually good catchers or at the least, safe catchers. The IPL Gen all seem to be really good ground fielders but proper catchers are becoming rarer and rarer. I love Kohli and a lot of his captaincy style but he needs to sort the slip cordon **** out as soon as possible. Its bad enough that we never play the same XI for consecutive games, now it looks we dont even play the same opening pair and same middle order every game. When those are themselves not settled, how the **** can we ever get a settled slip cordon?

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Think it was a good day overall, but England have recovered wonderfully imo. I said 275 all out would be good for us, and it seems England should get more comfortably. And as I said before, I'm not convinced this is the first innings batting paradise many people are making it out to be. There was definitely something in it for the pacers throughout the day and add the morning chill to that and Woakes and Anderson should give us trouble. Just hope that stupid **** Parthiv somehow scores a few opening.

Blocky

Banned
The way you guys were posting, you'd think England was 300-1 at Stumps, not completely out of the game already.

Blocky

Banned
Think it was a good day overall, but England have recovered wonderfully imo. I said 275 all out would be good for us, and it seems England should get more comfortably. And as I said before, I'm not convinced this is the first innings batting paradise many people are making it out to be. There was definitely something in it for the pacers throughout the day and add the morning chill to that and Woakes and Anderson should give us trouble. Just hope that stupid **** Parthiv somehow scores a few opening.
Let the Gambhirring begin.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Parthiv is a gun batsman though. Always have time for his batting abilities. And can be such an annoying **** to bowl at too. Short of length balls outside off will be cut, usual good length balls will still be short of length for him given his height, stays side on to the ball a lot of times too. And will sweep the spinners off their lengths. He has the very obvious and common outside off channel problems but if he can make it through, it will be good. Problem is he is also a massive 30s to 60s batsman. Can score 30 even on a bad day but cant score more than 60 even on his best, at least so far in his international career.

Would LOVE a good 60+ from him tomm though. And Vijay to make a decent contribution as well.

Dan_M_Bali

U19 Debutant
Agreed... First Bowie, then Brexit, then Prince, then Trump... and now this debacle.

It's been a horrific year for Western civilization, and by extension, all that's good and fair.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, but the morning chill may well be gone by the time India bat.
It's going to take something very special from England if they're to stay in the match tomorrow.

Dan_M_Bali

U19 Debutant
Kohli is wrapped up and protected by the BCCI. He is protected from the laws of the game. Remarkable parallels with the BBC and Jimmy Saville.

cnerd123

likes this

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Unbelievable.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...nded-icc-virat-kohli-england-india-third-test

Now it's absolutely fine for some charmless **** to give the just dismissed batsman a send-off, but the bloke on the receiving end cops it for responding in kind.
The sooner one of these fielders turns up for the next day's play without a full set of front teeth the better, afaics.

Lol... I dont think it was that simple, David. Kohli was celebrating and shouting at his players, think he did turn around and shout wooohs and aaahhs towards Stokes for maybe less than a second but Stokes was pretty aggressive and actually said something which is obviously considered abuse by the umpires. Anderson got in the face of Vijay for no reason after that bouncer and Stokes has been unnecessarily verbal at Ashwin and a couple of others when he was bowling. You would think for a guy who dishes out so much, he would handle someone just shouting basically nothing about getting him out ok.. It is ugly and I wish every **** who shouts or gets in the face of a batsman dismissed gets fined but for right or wrong, it has become part of cricket now. You are forgetting the fact that Stokes pleaded guilty here and did not have any defense. You guys are just too happy to buy into your own imagined narrative of Kohli being some protected species.

That was just such an obviosly biased "report"... I mean the idiot did not even check facts and quoted Bairstow totally out of context. I saw the whole thing and I dont think Kohli used any swear words as such. I mean, crapinfo has a more factual report of the fining than this stupid tabloid has.

Last edited: