• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

Blocky

Banned
On the plus side for Pakistan - at least they'll be facing Nathan Lyon in their first cricket test due to that.

African Monkey

U19 Vice-Captain
The commentators clearly don't rate him, but at least Stephen Cook has shown a bit of fight and continues to fight hard for his side unlike most of the Aussie top order this series.

Howe_zat

Audio File

I'm enjoying this picture on the cricinfo page, which makes it look like Starc has had his arm replaced with a small rake.

Blocky

Banned
Long way to go but what kind of lead that will make SA fairly comfortable? 250-280?
It's hard to say, they've got tired bowlers, these conditions are road like with exception to the new ball (and new ball under lights) - but they've had the wood on most of the batsmen and a couple of quick wickets could start the rot.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
It's hard to say, they've got tired bowlers, these conditions are road like with exception to the new ball (and new ball under lights) - but they've had the wood on most of the batsmen and a couple of quick wickets could start the rot.
SA will need a big effort to get the lead past 250 first though so Australia is in very good position. But you never know.

Blocky

Banned
SA will need a big effort to get the lead past 250 first though so Australia is in very good position. But you never know.
Faf looks up for a fight again, but he's definitely a key - if Cook can stick with him and get them through to 200 or so, Bavuma shows another gritty hand and QDK comes out and bashes another score, then 350-400 as a total might not be too far off, which would give them 250-300 to bowl at Aussie. I think the big issue they have is Shamsi, which is why I feel they've got to hit Lyon around as much as they can, because Shamsi is just too easy for the Aussies to play against.

Blocky

Banned
It still amazes me that Starc generates the pace he generates with his run up and action, he's not as slingy as Johnson and just jogs on up - looks effortless and he cracks 145 constantly.