• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Having the 40 minute break after the 20 minute break just seems so much better for the fielding side in these day night Tests. I wonder if the ICC would ever consider it in the subcontinent for red ball matches where it is often hot. I know it is called Test for a reason, but I think the decision really allows the best bowlers to bowl more. I dunno though, maybe I am reading into the extra 20 minute break and the benefits of it.
it should just be 30/30 like we had in the shield recently

Blocky

Banned
it should just be 30/30 like we had in the shield recently
That makes more sense to me personally... but I also wonder if you could somehow use this as part of the penalty towards those that don't complete their over-rates... effectively eat into their cumulative lunch / tea breaks whenever they're behind schedule.

Blocky

Banned
Hey - Channel 9 - half the reason Khawaja, Smith and Warner have more runs in the series than the South Africans is due to the fact that you've followed on you muppets.

Blocky

Banned
One thing I'm enjoying about DRS is the amount of times you see people appeal crazily and act like it's a dismissal, only to immediately shake their head to reviews.

ICC should start penalising over appealing more, especially now that we're seeing it so frequently.

Blocky

Banned
Just imagine Warney with the DRS - pitching outside leg in the footmarks, hits the pads, he'll be straight on the review.

Spark

Global Moderator
Just got home and saw the drop. No way that is anything but Wade's catch any day of the week. Why he's shaping to move to his left is beyond me.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah if he was playing now, the guy getting smashed by Warne would always be the skipper. Knowing Warne he'd have the umps so onside they'd give him the hot tip to send it upstairs themselves. Was an expert at working them. Art, really.

Blocky

Banned
Cracking game now IF SA can set Aus anything around 250.
It's the best time to have the night session during the middle of an innings, if these two can get to the close of play then I think you'd almost say advantage South Africa.

Khawaja held the Aussie innings together superbly and they got bonus runs out of Starc, but, with the form they've shown so far, any chase of 200 or more will be a tricky one, especially if they get an evening session with the new ball at them.

Dan_M_Bali

U19 Debutant
It's the best time to have the night session during the middle of an innings, if these two can get to the close of play then I think you'd almost say advantage South Africa.

Khawaja held the Aussie innings together superbly and they got bonus runs out of Starc, but, with the form they've shown so far, any chase of 200 or more will be a tricky one, especially if they get an evening session with the new ball at them.
Yeah. SA need to try and bat tonight and two sessions tomorrow. Then bowl at Aus under the lights.

Blocky

Banned
Agree - they also need to take Lyon for runs, Amla was smashing the crap out of him and it's a real weakness for Aussie because if they can't get overs in from Lyon, they have no one else to go to, to give their fasties a breather.

Blocky

Banned
Duminy you muppet... like - just missing a straight one playing something that looked like Chris Martin.

They're missing a trick by not using their feet to Lyon - field is up and they've just been soaking pressure regardless of what he bowled.

Aussies booing Faf again - hope he makes a double to shut them up this time.