• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

Blocky

Banned
This is really why Australia need to either figure out what plans to use with Lyon or just get him out of the side, he's given a kickstart to Amla here and put South Africa back in the match in my view. By the time the evening session hits, the ball is going to be old with slightly tired bowlers and they'll have a lead.

Also, very harsh on Renshaw that you lads are asking why he's at first slip - he did amazing to get a hand on that - that was ultra quick right in the gap.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Happy with that session.... would have liked to see Amla still there. SA need to battle well in the evening session. Hopefully ball does not start moving.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Having the 40 minute break after the 20 minute break just seems so much better for the fielding side in these day night Tests. I wonder if the ICC would ever consider it in the subcontinent for red ball matches where it is often hot. I know it is called Test for a reason, but I think the decision really allows the best bowlers to bowl more. I dunno though, maybe I am reading into the extra 20 minute break and the benefits of it.

Blocky

Banned
It corresponds to traditional eating/meal times which I think makes sense.

There would be some danger I'd feel in captains thinking they could get more overs out of their bowlers because take a traditional opener, if you take that idea into account

First Spell with the new ball: 8 overs
Second Spell just before lunch: 3 overs
Third Spell just after lunch: 4 overs
Fourth Spell just before tea: 4 overs
Fifth Spell just after tea: 6 overs
Sixth spell just before close of play: 4 overs.

With all the stop start/warm up/warm down I'd imagine more injuries occuring.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
It corresponds to traditional eating/meal times which I think makes sense.

There would be some danger I'd feel in captains thinking they could get more overs out of their bowlers because take a traditional opener, if you take that idea into account

First Spell with the new ball: 8 overs
Second Spell just before lunch: 3 overs
Third Spell just after lunch: 4 overs
Fourth Spell just before tea: 4 overs
Fifth Spell just after tea: 6 overs
Sixth spell just before close of play: 4 overs.

With all the stop start/warm up/warm down I'd imagine more injuries occuring.
Yeah probably. I guess it depends on the bowler and the attack too as Starc isn't going to bowl 8 first spell for instance.

Of course as soon as I say this, the part-timer comes on!

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Having the 40 minute break after the 20 minute break just seems so much better for the fielding side in these day night Tests. I wonder if the ICC would ever consider it in the subcontinent for red ball matches where it is often hot. I know it is called Test for a reason, but I think the decision really allows the best bowlers to bowl more. I dunno though, maybe I am reading into the extra 20 minute break and the benefits of it.
it should just be 30/30 like we had in the shield recently