• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

Blocky

Banned
must have been an unplayable green seamer
Hamilton against Amir, the world's best left arm bowler - but I do love how you think bringing up Williamson failing somehow disqualifies me pointing out Smith is a myth against any decent opposition in trying conditions. Khawaja is the best bat in your team when in from; it's not even close.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hamilton against Amir, the world's best left arm bowler - but I do love how you think bringing up Williamson failing somehow disqualifies me pointing out Smith is a myth against any decent opposition in trying conditions. Khawaja is the best bat in your team when in from; it's not even close.
lol calm down m8

Also don't forget all the hard work Renshaw Warner and Khawaja have done to set the platform for Stevey here.

Plus no Dale Steyn and a debutant spinner? Pfft
when you take all that into account, anything less than 300 from Smith here would show him to be not even a Test-standard batsman

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
Oh and don't forget the classic Blocky argument - yea the bowlers were good and conditions tough, but the bowlers didn't bowl well to X batsman and that's why he was allowed to score runs.

Blocky

Banned
According to Healy, Smith has been failing because the naughty selectors haven't given him the team he wants, and he's looking good here because he's finally got the team he wants.

Blocky

Banned
Also, Smith scoring runs in one innings out of a three test series that he and his batsman were horrible in doesn't really change the point I've made, that he only scores downhill skiing runs and doesn't do it when the side actually needs.

Same as Ross Taylor making runs once per series, doesn't really change how mud he is the rest of the time.

Spark

Global Moderator
Probably the most impressive innings Khawaja has played given his approach to the conditions/quality of bowling tbh.

Blocky

Banned
This is the Khawaja we saw when NZ toured last year, he's looking brilliant again.

Everything technical perfect, so good at playing late, good wrists, footwork on par. I really don't understand how this guy struggles for form from time to time.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Shamsi has become very important here, needs to take a wicket or two. With the number of left handers in the Aus team needs to keep the pressure on; With the ball getting old and the pitch a touch flatter.

Blocky

Banned
Prediction: Smith is going to get out soft to the China-man because he's trying to be like Ponting and get ontop of him, without the actual skill to do so.
Prediction: Khawaja is going to bat beautifully all innings long, and give Australia their first, first innings lead of the series