• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
True.

I don't reckon he was booed when he walked out because of the ball tampering. Probably more to do with the carry on in he week up to the test

Spark

Global Moderator
True.

I don't reckon he was booed when he walked out because of the ball tampering. Probably more to do with the carry on in he week up to the test
Yeah I'd say so too. At first glance pleading not guilty was weird.

But anyway, him apparently taking it so seriously will just ensure he gets booed every time he walks onto an Aus cricket field for the rest of his career.

adub

International Captain
Conversely Australian crowds are pretty respectful of oppositions that give us a run for our money.

Some of the most generous applause I've ever heard at the SCG was for guys like Tendulkar, VVS, Sanga and Vaughan.

Blocky

Banned
Aussies like those that come and quietly do well while the tourists gets beaten, hence loving people like Tendulkar.
Aussies hate those that come and loudly do well, while the tourists win and dominate Australia in Australia, like Hadlee in 86, Curtly, Graeme Smith and Faf.

Rootfan

Banned
Aussies like those that come and quietly do well while the tourists gets beaten, hence loving people like Tendulkar.
Aussies hate those that come and loudly do well, while the tourists win and dominate Australia in Australia, like Hadlee in 86, Curtly, Graeme Smith and Faf.
Australians love Ambrose and Hadlee. Don't pollute all threads with your puerile nonsense.

Burgey

Lol Ambrose and Smith are greatly admired here. Smith got a Non-Hurricane O when he went out to face Johnson in Sydney with a broken hand in a series his side had already won.

Blocky is the Kiwah Scaly, without delusions of intelligence.

Last edited:

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Just saw the light up bails on the highlights. Seriously how ghetto does that look in Test cricket. CA are such muppets.

TheJediBrah

The declaration was 100% the right move IMO

you can't compare the potential for the 10th wicket to score 20 more runs to the potential of taking 2-3 extra wickets with a new pink ball under lights

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Is anyone here old enough to remember the genesis of the **** Hadlee copped out here?
To back up Blocky's point, I think it really started up in the 1987/88 series because of how much he'd destroyed Oz in the 85/86 series. iirc it may have also been because pre-series he would have the measure of Dean Jones (which he did).

But Hadlee was certainly a target for resentment - I can recall "Hadlee is a w***er" chants occurring at matches that summer and I think iirc that there were T-shirts with the same message being distributed.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah Graeme Smith was regarded as a delusionally arrogant **** the first time he captained here, with some justification, but the public warmed to him pretty fast after that.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

you can't compare the potential for the 10th wicket to score 20 more runs to the potential of taking 2-3 extra wickets with a new pink ball under lights
Cant believe that you are disagreeing with the Cluedo World Champion

Blocky

Banned
Lol Ambrose and Smith are greatly admired here. Smith got a Non-Hurricane O when he went out to face Johnson in Sydney with a broken hand in a series his side had already won.

Blocky is the Kiwah Scaly, without delusions of intelligence.
Smith coming in at 11 where he couldn't really hurt you guys, because he had a broken hand, was roundly applauded.

Smith in earlier matches where he was the main reason Australia had lost the series, was roundly booed.

Are we really that keen on revising history here?

Burgey

Smith coming in at 11 where he couldn't really hurt you guys, because he had a broken hand, was roundly applauded.

Smith in earlier matches where he was the main reason Australia had lost the series, was roundly booed.

Are we really that keen on revising history here?
He was clapped because of his courage.

BTW, Hadlee got the Hadlee's a Wanker chant in 80-81 when he was one of the high performing in a non-threatening side players. He got it because a kid who was about 11 or 12 jumped the fence at the SCG and called him a name, so Hadlee chased him and grabbed him, like every reasonable grown man does to a minor.

I knew the kid actually. Name was Mark Samuels and was a year or so ahead of me in primary school. Was a bit of an arse of a kid tbh.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

Hope Daemon is happy now.. I am liking TJB's posts. Whats CW coming to.. :p