• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
lol... Hazlewood has mentioned how annoyed and angry Smith and perhaps Khawaja were about all this. Remember how Dhawan said he was injured and riled up Kohli and led to a bad morning collapse against Australia in the 2014 series? Sometimes in team situations such annoyances can cost things that end up making the difference in the game. I am not saying Smith and Warner are gonna have a cage match now but such differences do happen in the heat of the moment and its great that Faf tried to take advantage of it. Fair play to Renshaw and Khawaja for sticking it out calmly even though I am sure it would not have been the state they had started the innings in. Hazlewood paying grudging tribute to Faf's move that "annoyed" their captain shows it was a good declaration, esp. since the series is anyways already in the bag.
That's the thing I was talking about. Psychological factor plays its part. Otherwise you wouldn't see andre nel running ferociously and sledging the **** out of every batsman after ever delivery

Last edited:

indiaholic

International Captain
I get the annoyance argument but I feel 15-20 more runs would have been valuable, especially if this is a low scoring game as I expect it to be. My argument doesn't work if this turns into a road tomorrow. In that case the extra overs he got today were crucial.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Not if Starc had bounced and injured Shamsi though. You have to weigh up the risks and rewards and also the probabilities. The probability of Shamsi surviving another Hazle or Starc over was lesser than the probability of them nicking out an early wicket, esp. that of an annoyed middle order bat forced to open. Just too bad the probability did not turn into a reality for him today.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Well played by Renshaw and Uzi. The declaration was a good idea I thought but it was well negotiated. Nice hundred by Faf. I would have been selfish and taken the runs. Lol

Someone getting excited about Renshaws playing is strange. Your school years are your formative ones where many kids self identify. That and all the cricket in Oz make this a silly argument. If he qualifies and wants to play then who cares.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Not if Starc had bounced and injured Shamsi though. You have to weigh up the risks and rewards and also the probabilities. The probability of Shamsi surviving another Hazle or Starc over was lesser than the probability of them nicking out an early wicket, esp. that of an annoyed middle order bat forced to open. Just too bad the probability did not turn into a reality for him today.
wait for scaly's lengthy post about math. you did not just open a gate, you opened a god damn dam man

burr

State Vice-Captain
lol... Hazlewood has mentioned how annoyed and angry Smith and perhaps Khawaja were about all this. Remember how Dhawan said he was injured and riled up Kohli and led to a bad morning collapse against Australia in the 2014 series? Sometimes in team situations such annoyances can cost things that end up making the difference in the game. I am not saying Smith and Warner are gonna have a cage match now but such differences do happen in the heat of the moment and its great that Faf tried to take advantage of it. Fair play to Renshaw and Khawaja for sticking it out calmly even though I am sure it would not have been the state they had started the innings in. Hazlewood paying grudging tribute to Faf's move that "annoyed" their captain shows it was a good declaration, esp. since the series is anyways already in the bag.
I don't think it was a good declaration but I love the fact he showed up Warner for how stupid he is. Please, please can the QLDers go big tomorrow and make him feel even more redundant, the mediocre dim wit.

Anyway, bit stiff making the 20 yo debutant field at first slip. So great to have some youth back in the Aussie team though. C'mon Aussies, don't let me down tomorrow.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
That's the thing I was talking about. Psychological factor plays its part. Otherwise you wouldn't see andre nel running ferociously and sledging the **** out of every batsman after ever delivery
Nel was an idiot who carried on far too much for it to ever be effective.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Thankyou, Faf!

So you didn't get a wicket. It was a great declaration nevertheless. On another day you would be lauded for the next century for this declaration.

Bijed

International Regular
Faf has now gone from cheat to Evil genius in the matter of a few days . Oh media how I love thee.

Haha, lol, was expecting a satirical/joke article, but it seems genuine

Gets marks for describing the incident as "DU PLESSIS’ DASTARDLY CUNNING ACT" imo

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Not at all, I understand game theory and won a world championship. You're just some random idiot who 'cbf'

Anyone who is interested in trying to understand the mathematics of it I'm quite happy to try and explain the logic to. If you're not interested or intimidated by the discussion then shut up and have the manners to let others get on with it.
How's your mother's basement?

vitalogy83

U19 Debutant
Haha, lol, was expecting a satirical/joke article, but it seems genuine

Gets marks for describing the incident as "DU PLESSIS’ DASTARDLY CUNNING ACT" imo
news.com.au has some of the best headlines of all time.

Faf does look a bit like a sneaky genius there though.

Just enjoying another team come to Aus and troll them all tour. I remember the days when the Aus media would take apart any side that toured here in the 90s-00s in their heydey. It's good to see another team just mess up their entire mojo.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Faf's pretty much an Australian celebrity now

He'll be commentating for channel 9 when SA tour in 4-8 years and probably end up on a bunch of reality tv shows

I'm actually entirely serious

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I thought it was referring to HRC there for a moment.

Anyway, I assume that Faf knows he'll just get booed more after this.
That's what people often don't understand about Australian fans. If they boo you it means they like you, like your one of the boys.

That sounded less stupid in my head

adub

International Captain
You've got to be pretty highly rated to have Australian fans bother to boo you. Nobodies just get ignored.