• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah, there's no obvious choice and I'm sure they considered all three of Ojha, Patel and Karthik. It's not a bad selection by any means, and considering none of us watch Ranji enough to comment on where their batting is at the moment it could well be the right one.

You meant Keeping, right?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I'd love a Bell comeback, be worth it for Furball's reaction :ph34r:
If we're down to playing Buttler then frankly I wouldn't be against it. I don"t think he'd be up to much but I'd have more faith in a bloke with 7,000 Test runs behind him than whoever this month's county flavour of the month is.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Either that or move Rashid up to number four as a sort of pinch blocker to split up the left handers.

No, not really. But these are desperate times.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Do Broad and Anderson still expect public apologies in the locker room from fielder who drop catches?

Dan_M_Bali

U19 Debutant
I'd rather have the reanimated corpse of Denis Compton than Bell in the team.

Buttler has to be in the England team. He has too much talent not to be. He maybe just needs more time to refine his game to test match cricket.

Ansari should also be dropped for Woakes.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
You know what I mean. In front of all players in the squad.
I knew what you meant and was just being a dick :)

I don't know the answer btw. Was it KP's book where we got it from that it was happening? Has anyone else said it, is it true?

I could see it being true, but if KP said it was Thursday I would check the calendar

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I knew what you meant and was just being a dick :)

I don't know the answer btw. Was it KP's book where we got it from that it was happening? Has anyone else said it, is it true?

I could see it being true, but if KP said it was Thursday I would check the calendar
Speaking of calendars your favourite day of the year is coming up pretty soon. In case I forget to wish you when it does roll around, Happy New Year GIMH!

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd rather have the reanimated corpse of Denis Compton than Bell in the team.

Buttler has to be in the England team. He has too much talent not to be. He maybe just needs more time to refine his game to test match cricket.

Ansari should also be dropped for Woakes.
How much time do you give a player with talent if they don't produce the goods though? 15 tests and an average of 30........he's had a decent run just like Eng have given all the tried and failed batsmen of recent times, and Balance for example has much better numbers than that to his name. And without checking I daresay some of our other discards have too.

Look, we all want Butler to be a success and bring his white ball gifts to test cricket.......but you can't live in hope forever. Probably last chance saloon for Jos here I'd reckon.......and that's tough considering the lack of red ball cricket he's played in the last 12 months.

Agree with you on Woakes for Ansari though.

Howe_zat

Audio File
How much time do you give a player with talent if they don't produce the goods though? 15 tests and an average of 30........he's had a decent run just like Eng have given all the tried and failed batsmen of recent times, and Balance for example has much better numbers than that to his name. And without checking I daresay some of our other discards have too.

Look, we all want Butler to be a success and bring his white ball gifts to test cricket.......but you can't live in hope forever. Probably last chance saloon for Jos here I'd reckon.......and that's tough considering the lack of red ball cricket he's played in the last 12 months.

Agree with you on Woakes for Ansari though.
He hasn't had a go as a batsman tbh.

It's a long long way from ideal but there aren't many batsmen in world cricket where their first class record tells so little of their story. I'm optimistic.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not optimistic at all, he will still have the same technical problems as before but he isn't mentally shot like Ballance and Duckett so might get a score where as the other pair have no chance. Should have called up somebody, be it Bell, Clarke or any other right handed bat that can play spin a bit.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Whatever they do I hope they re-jig the batting order and give Moeen a go at four. Then let him bat three in the second innings in order to complete the set.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Mohali moment:

Hilfenhaus to Laxman, no run, Angry Lax A rare sight. Laxman is furious. He is shouting at Ojha. OMG! It was driven to right of mid-off and Raina had set across for the single but Ojah wasn't so sure or so confident.. They both get back in time. Laxman actually used a couple of expletives there! They all get together and now smile. Calm heads now!