• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Warne would stop being a Wade fan the instant a catch or a stumping was missed of his bowling. Using Gilchrist as a comparison is inaccurate also as he was an infinitely better keeper.
Likes him because he's a Victorian, and a knob (forgive the tautology).

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Think the KP comments about Lyons field were spot on last over. Much better than the standard Nine jingoism.

Zinzan

Man I wish SA had bowled first. Philander this morning would've been fun to watch.
Yeah, although the good news is it doesn't look like the pitch is going to change all that much from this morning, It's not like there's lots of grass to burn off, so I think Philander will be equally as effective even if it's tomorrow when he bowls.

Blocky

Banned
It's turning lots, but it's the same **** every ball - flat, low, outside off, easily a cow corner hoik in my view.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
As much as I loathe Wade I thought he captained his spinners well last week and Smith should be asking for advice with Lyon.

Timely wicket for Bird.

Blocky

Banned
Good bowling from Bird.. Australia on top now - I think this will be a hard pitch to bat on for the entire game though, 250-300 will be a tough score.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
**** leave for 1 min and we lose another wicket....

Can`t really blame Bavuma for that one, good nut..

Last edited:

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You know, I wouldn't even be mad if Lyon was going wicketless in these circumstances if he could at least pull together maidens.

But I guess bowling short is the key to everything and spoiling every over.

Zinzan

I don't think Lyon has bowled much differently than previously this series. Warne's just failing to realise Lyon's traditionally got a lot of soft wickets in recent years in which batsmen inexplicitly gift him their wickets. Those gift wickets just haven't happened in the last couple of tests.

Not to suggest he's not a good bowler, because of course he is.