• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

SeamUp

International Coach
Possibly, but he's a lot more known as a quantity than the debutants, so if he bowls pish I can see him not getting as long as them.

He's really pitching it up here to try to get it to swing, which i don't necessarily think is his best MO.

Jeez that's a nice little intro to test cricket for Renshaw. Well taken.
I agree. He doesn't have the zip if he gets the pitched up ball too full. And he is bowling into Cook's strength. Basically how he has scored his 38FC tons.

Spark

Global Moderator
Clarke was a good slipper wasn't he? Punter wasn't the worst, Warne was great although inexplicably dropped sitters from time to time, Taylor and MWaugh were geniuses.
Clarke was excellent in the second half of his career, but he was also 2nd slip. Ponting too. I'm mainly thinking of Voges—who was disappointing—and Watson—who wasn't very good—here. I've been banging on about this for years tbf.

Blocky

Banned
Feel sorry for Bird - how often do you see it when a guy travels with the side but doesn't get match time, that he's being hyped up due to the lack of performance in players and he finally gets a chance and isn't bowling well.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Possibly, but he's a lot more known as a quantity than the debutants, so if he bowls pish I can see him not getting as long as them.

He's really pitching it up here to try to get it to swing, which i don't necessarily think is his best MO.

Jeez that's a nice little intro to test cricket for Renshaw. Well taken.
Yeah if we're using Bird as a swing bowler I don't see what he adds that Sayers doesn't.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Have already seen him lunge at three or four routine takes tbh. Seems to still let the ball get outside his eye line when he keeps standing back.
Yeah. He doesn't make the effort to take the ball on the inside all the time which means he'll get done by an edge and have to leave his feet.

Dan_M_Bali

U19 Debutant
Duminy being brought back to earth. Really is a bang average batsmen. God only knows how Aus let him score those runs at the WACA.