• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
158 all out - 91jmay
223 a.o. - hazsa
255 a.o. - harsh.ag
287 AO - Shri
319 - morgieb
406-5 - GIMH
406-1 - fred
406-3 - AZH

91Jmay

International Coach
So Hameed scares easy against the short stuff.
This is spoken like a bloke whose never played the game tbh. If you get surprised by a short ball and it hits you on the gloves but get into line of the next one that ain't being scared.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Hope this series proves that our pitches are not doctored. Most of the opposition is just ******. Bat well England.

Shri

Mr. Glass
This is spoken like a bloke whose never played the game tbh. If you get surprised by a short ball and it hits you on the gloves but get into line of the next one that ain't being scared.
I have taken a lot on the grill as a batsman and have watched how a batsman looks after he takes a nasty one from short cover. Hameed has that expression after a short one that makes you grin as a fielder/bowler.

91Jmay

International Coach
I have taken a lot on the grill as a batsman and have watched how a batsman looks after he takes a nasty one from short cover. Hameed has that expression after a short one that makes you grin as a fielder/bowler.
He got hit on the glove and has since lined up exactly behind the ball. The idea he looks scared is absolute nonsense. Watch his back foot and how it moves into line, that tells you what you need to know.

Shri

Mr. Glass
He got hit on the glove and has since lined up exactly behind the ball. The idea he looks scared is absolute nonsense. Watch his back foot and how it moves into line, that tells you what you need to know.
I have seen technically good batsmen who did all the little things right but didn't have the solidity. Wear one on the glove and they become nervy. Hameed can't be too different. Bet he will get slaughtered by Rabada when they face off eventually.

hazsa19

International Regular
I have seen technically good batsmen who did all the little things right but didn't have the solidity. Wear one on the glove and they become nervy. Hameed can't be too different. Bet he will get slaughtered by Rabada when they face off eventually.
This is such a random comment. He's not a compulsive hooker, and he's able to get in line after wearing one. Rabada may well get him a few times, cos he's a bloody fine bowler, but nothing suggests at this stage that a barrage of short pitched bowling is the way to go.