• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Assuming this pitch will disintegrate I'll be very surprised if you need more than 4 sessions at the end of the game to bowl us out. You're meant to have the world's best spinner.
Lol @ the condescension. Salty much? You are supposed to have the best and longest batting line up too..

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
When I woke up 10 minutes ago was expecting to see Stokes bowling rather than batting - maybe we can get back in this

Dan_M_Bali

U19 Debutant
Lol @ the condescension. Salty much? You are supposed to have the best and longest batting line up too..
I think the stats show India have the best tail. Is it being salty to suggest the worlds best spinner should be able to bowl a team out in 4 sessions on a final day pitch in India?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gotta say I have been might impressed with Stokes. I know he came on a lot over the last 2 or 3 years and has improved as a test cricketer, esp. batsman but definitely did not expect him to show the kind of gumption he has done since he has been here. He has had like 10 chances and lives, sure, but this innings esp. shows how much he has improved and how much he WANTS to improve. Definite Kohli levels of the Maturity Journey there. Obviously has ways to go as a bowler and is very much a batting allrounder at this point and seems to get wickets by the sheer force of his personality than anything magical with the ball, but then, so did Shane Warne so many times in his career.

Definitely and easily the best all rounder in the world now and I just hope England don't destroy him with captaincy and too much lavish praise like it seemed they did a bit with Flintoff. As long as Stokes can ensure things dont get to his head too much, we are in for a treat of a career.
Yeah he's a wonderful cricketer. And great to watch as well.
hb got one like and Burgey got 3, cruel injustice

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think the stats show India have the best tail. Is it being salty to suggest the worlds best spinner should be able to bowl a team out in 4 sessions on a final day pitch in India?
Well, you know what was the salty part about your post, so no point in talking about it repeatedly. But to your point, yes 4 sessions if the pitch does break up, but that is a big IF as it seems to actually be getting better to bat on at the moment. Hence, the pace of the runs if we get a lead will be important for India.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I can't believe how on a tour to Asia our most important bat has been Ben Stokes, seriously good player and getting better all the time. Nobody would be surprised if he was an important run scorer next winter in the ashes after his ton in Perth and that innings against SA but to do it in India against the number 1 side in the world has taken me by surprise and it is a very pleasant one.