• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in New Zealand 2016/17

Blocky

Banned
that's because those are the conditions he's specifically trained himself to bowl in. He's **** at exploiting assistance from the pitch.
Yet has much better stats in recent first class cricket at taking wickets as an opening bowler than Matt Henry, go figure.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This has been hilarious after being conditioned to watching the precision & relentlessness of South Africa's pace attack in the last couple of weeks.

Southee's opening 3 maiden overs on the trot has to be the worst triple maiden in the history of cricket.

Blocky

Banned
He's bowling the right length, at the batsman, getting nibble off the seam - this is all you need to do in NZ conditions... why our "stars" don't get that is beyond me.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I really don't see the huge advantage of the captain fielding at mid on/off to chat to the bowler. If he's the best gully fielder (which KW is), get him in there.
It's ridiculous he has to be at mid-on to tell Southee not to waste the new ball. He would have swallowed that chance easily.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
He's bowling the right length, at the batsman, getting nibble off the seam - this is all you need to do in NZ conditions... why our "stars" don't get that is beyond me.
Yeah this has been true since ever. At least de Grandhomme has kept his head and done exactly what he would do in NZ domestic cricket.

Generally speaking I don't love to see bowlers of his type be successful for NZ, because they're no use outside NZ and England. He's been vital here though more generally will judge him on runs scored.

Niall

International Coach
Crap that from Babar,silly they have abandoned Shafiq at number three after one mediocre series.

Last edited: