• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in New Zealand 2016/17

Blocky

Banned
He's been played as a third seamer on some of the flattest decks known to man.. He's a new ball bowler who exploits movement off the surface so deserves a decent run of games with the new ball in hand.
He goes for too many runs in test cricket, doesn't put enough pressure on and while he should receive more chances, he's not exactly being hardly treated when his best effort in helpful conditions were two tests, 8 wickets @ 42 going at 4 an over.

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
Nice pole from deGrandhomme. Big shout out to SKY for finally making the score info at the bottom of the screen not so big and intrusive.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
He goes for too many runs in test cricket, doesn't put enough pressure on and while he should receive more chances, he's not exactly being hardly treated when his best effort in helpful conditions were two tests, 8 wickets @ 42 going at 4 an over.
I'm just saying let's give him a few decent games in his proper role without getting dropped for Tim Spudthee who has clearly proven that he's lost it.

Blocky

Banned
I'm just saying let's give him a few decent games in his proper role without getting dropped for Tim Spudthee who has clearly proven that he's lost it.
I think if you're talking about hard treatment, it's Wagner more than any of the others.

Even when he's selected, he's generally given the ball once it's stopped doing anything and still manages to be our best bowler.... and still manages to get dropped.

16th over, and he's not been bowled, and he's a swing bowler.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
I think if you're talking about hard treatment, it's Wagner more than any of the others.

Even when he's selected, he's generally given the ball once it's stopped doing anything and still manages to be our best bowler.... and still manages to get dropped.

16th over, and he's not been bowled, and he's a swing bowler.
that's because those are the conditions he's specifically trained himself to bowl in. He's **** at exploiting assistance from the pitch.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
I wonder what Ghambir would think if he found out that his name is being used like that.

Probably the only thing people will remember about him. Burgey has immortalised him forever.

Meridio

International Regular
I really don't see the huge advantage of the captain fielding at mid on/off to chat to the bowler. If he's the best gully fielder (which KW is), get him in there.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Never understood our reluctance to bowl Wagner in the first 20 overs.
Think that was justified two or three years ago when he invariably bowled short and wide and scuffed up the newer ball, but he's better now.

Haven't seen a ball but sounds like de Grandhomme has bowled ok. You would hope that a tall 125-130km/h bowler would go well with a near-new ball in NZ; it's not a proposition most other places in the world though. Am sure he'd be a perfectly adequate fifth bowler if he scores runs - that's the bit I'm sceptical about. He and Shahstle in the side gives it a very bits-and-pieces feel, on top of the uncertainty of Raval and Nicholls in the top order.

This is it for Southee too; he deserved to retain his spot now back from injury imo, but he absolutely has to reward the selectors for that. And doesn't sound like he has here... until that ball.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Southee coming back better in second spell shocker. Still miss "good in the first spell" Southee though.