• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Now here's the question. Does this suck more than the Melbourne test in 2010? I'm inclined to say it does. So when's the last time we had a home test worse than this?
Batting wise it would have to be one of Oz's worst ever. When's the last time they scored sub-250 runs total in a Test, let alone a home one?

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Tune in an hour late and it literally took time to register what was going on. What the actual ****?

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Am thinking this might be Pakistan's best chance to win a series in Australia in a long long time
Yeah, if they get a pitch which has a little bit of movement, Pakistan's attack is most definitely capable to doing what SA have done. Big chance to break their Australia duck.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If there's any Kiwi posters thinking about laughing at the demise of Australia, just remember we lost 2-0 to this side, including an innings defeat and back-to-back scores of 500+ just over six months ago.

Rabada, Philander and Abbott are going to do nasty things to us given the right conditions later this summer as well. I thought it'd be a mercy that Steyn will be out, but it's really irrelevant. What a great bowling line-up and talented batting side they have. Fair play. Smart, relentless, accurate, disciplined bowling and batting.

All against a completely mentally shot to ribbons Australian side.
It's worth remembering that this SA side has the figures of an ATG attack, and conditions are relatively favourable.

Although not 85 all out favourable. This should have been our first innings.

Oh well done Abbott. Deserved the fiver, he's been magnificent this innings.

morgieb

Now here's the question. Does this suck more than the Melbourne test in 2010? I'm inclined to say it does. So when's the last time we had a home test worse than this?
At least here we at least took wickets. There we got smashed with the ball too.

Burgey

Am thinking this might be Pakistan's best chance to win a series in Australia for the first time
ftfy.

Definitely. They won't have a better chance than this. They didn't tour here between 83-84 and 89-90. That period was the low point for Australia. By 89-90 they'd begun rebuilding. If Pakistan's batting stands up to anything like what they've churned out in recent years it will be enough, because this batting line up of Australia's is very, very ordinary.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, if they get a pitch which has a little bit of movement, Pakistan's attack is most definitely capable to doing what SA have done. Big chance to break their Australia duck.
Not sure about that. Pakistan's pace attack is no better, and probably worse than Australia's. Might go 1-1 though, and how Yasir will perform in these conditions is unknown.

Edit: Discounting their batting solidity again. Still think 1-1 is likely.

Last edited:

Blocky

Banned
Starc - completely bad, I mean I know the game is gone, but constantly playing that drive, missing every time before getting an edge outside off is poor.