• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

burr

State Vice-Captain
It's cos he's a massive prick

If him and warner were English I'd struggle to support them.
Such rubbish. And so predictable and lazy and what people said about Ponting and McGrath for years who actually seem like lovely men. Smith probably is too.

What bowling.

Midwinter

State Captain
The only good thing about Perth and this test for Australia is that it is destroying the delusions that were formed last summer.

Blocky

Banned
Such rubbish. And so predictable and lazy and what people said about Ponting and McGrath for years who actually seem like lovely men. Smith probably is too.

What bowling.
The joy of the Australian over-confidence/swagger/sledge... I don't disagree, both Ponting and McGrath seem like awesome blokes in retirement, but in their pomp they were the very definition of arrogance and righteous, McGrath loved sledging, hated to be sledged.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
If there's any Kiwi posters thinking about laughing at the demise of Australia, just remember we lost 2-0 to this side, including an innings defeat and back-to-back scores of 500+ just over six months ago.

Rabada, Philander and Abbott are going to do nasty things to us given the right conditions later this summer as well. I thought it'd be a mercy that Steyn will be out, but it's really irrelevant. What a great bowling line-up and talented batting side they have. Fair play. Smart, relentless, accurate, disciplined bowling and batting.

All against a completely mentally shot to ribbons Australian side.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Now here's the question. Does this suck more than the Melbourne test in 2010? I'm inclined to say it does. So when's the last time we had a home test worse than this?

Blocky

Banned
If there's any Kiwi posters thinking about laughing at the demise of Australia, just remember we lost 2-0 to this side, including an innings defeat and back-to-back scores of 500+ just over six months ago.

Rabada, Philander and Abbott are going to do nasty things to us given the right conditions later this summer as well. I thought it'd be a mercy that Steyn will be out, but it's really irrelevant. What a great bowling line-up and talented batting side they have. Fair play. Smart, relentless, accurate, disciplined bowling and batting.

I dare say you'll see more application out of Williamson, Latham and Watling than you've seen here by anyone not named Smith. I also think our guys are way better at playing in moving conditions than the Aussies.

Now I don't discount the rest of what you've said, South Africa will destroy us.

Spark

Global Moderator
Now here's the question. Does this suck more than the Melbourne test in 2010? I'm inclined to say it does. So when's the last time we had a home test worse than this?
Oh no Melbourne was worse than this, because that was really, really drawn out on that 2nd and 3rd day.

smash84

The Tiger King

Am thinking this might be Pakistan's best chance to win their series in Australia

Last edited: