• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

CapeTown Guy

School Boy/Girl Captain
So, with the score, the state of the match and the conditions in mind, what score do you think SA would be satisfied with.

I reckon anything over 250 they'd feel comfortable with.

Bijed

International Regular
Yeah, they'd probably be happy with a lead of 150+ (so scoring 235+), which I'd think should happen as long as the current partnership doesn't get immediately broken. I don't know what the pitch is like right now or expected to do as the game progresses though.

sheldon65

Cricket Spectator
So, with the score, the state of the match and the conditions in mind, what score do you think SA would be satisfied with.

I reckon anything over 250 they'd feel comfortable with.
I think 200+ SA would be confident, with all the weather around the new ball will be dangerous and if they bowl as well as they did in the 1st innings they should win.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Cold, wet and 8k ppl on a Sat to watch SA. This is why Tassie shouldn't get nice things. Like test matches.

Blocky

Banned
It's the third day, South Africa have only batted 65.5 overs and probably only need to bat once, and people are starting to whinge on about them batting too long? They need 140 overs max to bowl this side out, and at the moment they might as well take a "We only need to bat once" approach.

91Jmay

International Coach
QdK is going to be close to the Root/Smith/Williamson bracket in the next 18 months. Needs to move up the order.

Blocky

Banned
It's not up to South Africa to make this a competitive spectacle, it's up to the Australians.

If I was RSA and wasn't bowled out, I'd bat until an hour before tea tomorrow if I could.

Blocky

Banned
Leave him at seven, teams have to realise the power of having a batting option coming in at 7 - most great sides have done it since the Gilchrist era, no reason for South Africa to feel they need to promote him up, he's creating great production for them, he won't score the big tons but he should get ample time with his strike rate to still convert more fifties than he is.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Really struggling to see what they saw in Mennie. He seems a very honest bowler, don't get me wrong, but just doesn't seem to have the zip for test cricket. Hope he proves me wrong.