• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
imagine having squandered your career and still scoring 14 test match centuries and taking over 300 test wickets.
Look, irrespective of overall stats, there is an argument to be made that Botham's last 5 years were a major downward trend...so I can see where the squandered narrative comes from.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Guys Ravi Shastri already issued a threat yesterday during commentary. The rest of the pitches are not going to be so 'easy' for England.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Haven't watched after lunch yesterday. Kumble comes across as a man who is intelligent but also he overthinks. He's probably worried about what others' opinions and this is clouding his mind. India did not need to make a minefield but required a pitch that would atleast assist some kind of spin and a result producing one. Probably they thought spinners are going to perform well anyway and it's England so producing a pitch with tint of grass which is holding it and when the cracks are going to open god knows. No one can point finger that India can only win in their backyard with spinning pitches/ dustbowls/ etc etc. But this line of thinking coming across defensive to me. England was down and under and India could easily push them back into the wall (mind not ruling out England completely in turners). Now England will go forward into the series with much more confidence and being settled. This would not have happened in Shastri's era no way. Not that I like this guy though.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
thought about it, that's droppable for me. I'd can him. He's ugly and ****, which is the rule.

91Jmay

International Coach
Ali keeping it so tight thus far is a massive bonus. Broad oddly expensive but that wicket makes up for it.