• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
What does Moeen Ali have to do on this tour to end up as England's no.5 for the summer? Score two hundreds?

I get the feeling that no matter what he does the fact he can bowl means that he'll end up at 8 when we want to go back to 4 seamers and a spinner. Which seems unfair.
Being outbowled by another spinner would weirdly help his cause if he wants to bat top six. I thought we were at a point where that might just happen but he was by far the best of the spinners in Bangladesh.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mishra is such a downhill skier + minnow basher

Prove me wrong woman beater

Howe_zat

Audio File
Looking down the England batting order

Cook, Hameed, Root debuted against India
Duckett, Moeen played their second series against India
Stokes, Bairstow, Woakes and Rashid played their third series against India
Broad played his fourth series against India

This is another reason why Ansari should have been left out is what I'm saying

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Is Root a top series down under away from being the best English batsman of the last 50 years? (I might be forgetting someone obvious, it's been a long night)

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Is Root a top series down under away from being the best English batsman of the last 50 years? (I might be forgetting someone obvious, it's been a long night)
I couldn't say conclusively, but Boycott, Gower and KP would be the other contenders.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
if he carries on the consistency he's shown in the past 2/3 years it's not even a discussion.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
As I said it is a bit of a road. Good on England for taking advantage though. Root surely has the right idea of batting against spin by using his feet to rotate the strike rather than smash the ball. Looking good for a daddy knock here. Bad signs for India.