• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

Shri

Mr. Glass
If Moeen trims or shaves his beard, he will be the best looking cricketer in the England team by far, which is not saying much but still.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
This is a depressing squad we have put out. Best XI from the choices available:

G Gambhir
M Vijay
C Pujara
V Kohli
A Rahane
R Ashwin
W Saha
R Jadeja
A Mishra
M Shami
I Sharma

Actually not that bad but feels weird somehow.
Yes if they field this side, then 5-0 is only a matter of time (weather permitting).

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Might be, but why hasn't there been more Duckett love?
Duckett's been too busy playing to make friends with support staff/photographers

Hameed's still in his teens while Duckett's 22 anyways.

Last edited:

listento_me

U19 Captain
people giving fashion advice not knowing beards are in vogue

you lot are useless. I'd say stick to the cricket but a number of "fans" here wouldn't even know what that was

rock.jpg

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
people giving fashion advice not knowing beards are in vogue

you lot are useless. I'd say stick to the cricket but a number of "fans" here wouldn't even know what that was
Are you just here to tell us how little we know and how far superior your cricketing knowledge is??? Serious delusions of grandeur pal.......pull your head in.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
I nominate Adders for this weeks "Sprit of Cricketweb" award

Between this and his food posting he has earned it

mackembhoy

International Debutant
What does Gambhiring mean btw? Cos this will get confusing during the series for me what with Gautam back in the side.

Spark

Global Moderator
What does Gambhiring mean btw? Cos this will get confusing during the series for me what with Gautam back in the side.
"My team is actually winning/ahead, but I'm posting as if they aren't." Extra points for totally irrational hysteria.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
"My team is actually winning/ahead, but I'm posting as if they aren't." Extra points for totally irrational hysteria.
There's also a fine line between gambhiring and just constant whining. Agreed that one should always err on the side of being over the top so people get that you're not being entirely serious.

FBU

International Debutant
Cook's average in India is 61.85 so Sharma is in to get Cook, has got him 8 times. Ashwin 4 times and Jadeja once.

Last edited:

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Thank you folks. I joined up as a lurker a few years back. Only really started posting more recently.

I'm a member of SAFC forum that's got an excellent cricket forum, so post a lot more over there. But nice to get some none English opinions

Bijed

International Regular
Nah Gambhiring is named after Gambhir because it is dire. Whining is mandatory.
Haha, I'd assumed it was something that he did in interviews or something like that, but it's basically "Don't like Gambhir, don't like this either, name it after him" :laugh:

When you say it's 'because it is dire', do you mean his cricket or is he just a dislikeable guy?