• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bhuvi and Nohit both injured

Hyped for Hardik. I bet he rises to the ocassion
India have long waited for a fast-bowling allrounder to stand up and burst onto the scene

Hardik is absolutely throbbing with potential, and it will be hard to hold him down after all his recent success.
He has to sort out his no-ball problem though.

OverratedSanity

I'm pretty sure Bhuvi has recovered from his injury. Maybe they don't want to rush him back? Atleast that's what I hope.

OverratedSanity

India have long waited for a fast-bowling allrounder to stand up and burst onto the scene

Hardik is absolutely throbbing with potential, and it will be hard to hold him down after all his recent success.
What recent successes are you talking about here? That one match where he took 3 wickets against a NZ top order which was spudding it up? He's being picked solely on the basis of what his cricinfo profile reads (ie) bowling all rounder and not on whether he's actually good imo.

Daemon

I really hope Pandya doesn't get a game. Ridiculous selection. I genuinely prefer Binny.

cnerd123

likes this
What recent successes are you talking about here? That one match where he took 3 wickets against a NZ top order which was spudding it up? He's being picked solely on the basis of what his cricinfo profile reads (ie) bowling all rounder and not on whether he's actually good imo.
He had a decent India A tour to Australia with the ball and wood in hand. I'm not against him displaying his talents in a Test or two at home against a limp looking England side. Who knows, maybe guys like Kohli and Ashwin can rub off on him.

listento_me

U19 Captain
If you are going to correct someone, don't do it with errors. Clearly, you are not a very intelligent person but you don't have to show just how bovine you are every few seconds.
If I'm a cow, does that mean I get a temple?

That would be pretty cool.

The discussion in the media over whether Ballance should play is infuriating.

Essentially the two choices are Jos Buttler and Haseeb Hameed, despite Buttler having only played 1 FC match in the last year.

The only argument for picking Ballance seems to be that it's less hassle than picking a replacement and potentially messing around with a batting order that has proven itself ineffective in similar conditions against an attack poorer than what they're about to face.

Ballance will probably retain his slot, too. Ah well, better too many chances than too few. Eh, Trev?
Buttler should get a shout because he has put in good performances in the one day game. People act like it doesn't matter smh.

If Ballance retains his slot, he is likely going to be a walking wicket.

morgieb

Pandya has to be one of the most puzzling selections of recent history. He's barely FC standard.

vcs

Dick puns never get old.

DriveClub

International Regular
How large is Pandya's heart? Can he run in all day and shed blood and sweat? Can his heart facilitate that? Can his heart jump start a car?

cnerd123

likes this
Pandya has to be one of the most puzzling selections of recent history. He's barely FC standard.
A lot of people seem confused when sides whip out Hardik in flanneled whites. They feel he doesn't quite belong. He's brash, bold, standing erect and confident, oozing raw masculinity. There is something appealing about his tall, firm yet lithe frame. He bowls a heavy ball, he hits it hard, and his hands are magical. What feels so wrong then slowly begins to feel so right.

But after a couple of games, you realise that this man is built for a good time, not a long one. He gets it down the other end rapidly, but often sprays it with little control. His innings are exciting and make your blood rush, but he always seems to be heading back to the pavillion prematurely, leaving you aroused but unsatisfied. His work in the field is still fantastic, and his hands still safe, but that isn't enough to justify a place in the XI.

You realise your intuitions were right all along. Hardik doesn't quite belong here. You wish he did though.

Shri

Mr. Glass
This is a depressing squad we have put out. Best XI from the choices available:

G Gambhir
M Vijay
C Pujara
V Kohli
A Rahane
R Ashwin
W Saha
R Jadeja
A Mishra
M Shami
I Sharma

Actually not that bad but feels weird somehow.