• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
well looks like we'l get a bat tonight

glad I get to see Warner v Steyn

also De Kock's 84 might end up being eerily similar to Gilchrist's 81 in his debut knock (yes I know De Kock has already scored a ton)

I reckon De Kock will become a beast very soon

SeamUp

International Coach
Super knock Quinnie. Dealt with all barrages and pity it ended that way.

Suppose 5 for nothing. You take this sort of score.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I'll venture an opinion that SA haven't properly selected an attack to deal with Australia's left handers. Steyn isn't quite as good against left handers because of his reliance on his outswinger, so when SA toured England in 2012 they had Morkel opening the bowling to Strauss, which worked. Australia have 3 lefties in the top three with Burns out. Since SA also picked a SLA bowler over the offspinner and chinaman bowler they've left themselves short of options if Australia get past the new ball 0 or 1 down.

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
well looks like we'l get a bat tonight

glad I get to see Warner v Steyn

also De Kock's 84 might end up being eerily similar to Gilchrist's 81 in his debut knock (yes I know De Kock has already scored a ton)

I reckon De Kock will become a beast very soon
If we ever manage to win a cricket world cup, it will be on the back of QdK.

anil1405

International Captain
It would be a win-win for South Africa and deKock if Proteas manage to find a keeper who could bat a bit so that deKock could move up the order to bat at 5 or 6.

It wouldn't do justice to his talent if he bats at 7 and spends half the time with the tail.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'll venture an opinion that SA haven't properly selected an attack to deal with Australia's left handers. Steyn isn't quite as good against left handers because of his reliance on his outswinger, so when SA toured England in 2012 they had Morkel opening the bowling to Strauss, which worked. Australia have 3 lefties in the top three with Burns out. Since they've also picked a SLA bowler over the offspinner and chinaman bowler they've left themselves short of options if Australia get past the new ball 0 or 1 down.
Is a concern... think Rabada may give the lefties an issue though. Only person I worry about really is Warner. Rest not to concerned...... jinxing everything!