• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can already tell the comms are in lust with de Kock because #intent, so when he comes in at 5/70 and eventually gets caught on the mid wicket fence for a sparking 32(18), they'll forgive him and say he's just unlucky and has to keep playing that way.
Lets just hope he does not get out then.....

mr_mister

Gilly comparison already made for De kock...now wait for the incoming footage of gillys 59 ball ton at the WACA

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gosh, australian radio commentary has as much personality as a dry piece of toast.
It was terrific when Kerry O'Keefe was on with Jim Maxwell and Glen Mitchell, but he's retired and I think Maxwell might be crook or something (not sure if he's there). Still prefer it to the "colourful" crap that you get elsewhere tbh, and certainly better than Nine's lot.

mr_mister

Duminy is quite clearly a benefactor of the 'omg we need a fifth bowler' and 'but look how talented he is' schools of selection rather than quotas.
Quite clearly? Most of the posters said the opposite in the thread discussing the quota. Duminy barely bowls anymore anyway

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Duminy is quite clearly a benefactor of the 'omg we need a fifth bowler' and 'but look how talented he is' schools of selection rather than quotas.
Duminy hasn't bowled much recently. I'm sure we'd all like to make fewer "lol he's only in because of quotas" posts. But it's a valid post when it comes to Duminy as far as I'm concerned.

mr_mister

Yeah I'm a little annoyed ***** thinks were that racist... I'm legit excited for rabada and bavuma to kick butt

StephenZA

Quite clearly? Most of the posters said the opposite in the thread discussing the quota. Duminy barely bowls anymore anyway
I think considering his apparent improvement in form both bat and ball, the worry of the 5th bowling option and the fact he has performed and is experienced in Aus also came into the mix. Rillee is in fantastic form but also has question marks..... and really the first batsmen on the chopping block is Cook, but that causes a whole lot of other issues of pushing middle order batsmen up to open.

Added: If Duminy was playing in front of Faf, if de Villers was playing, then the argument would have more merit. and *****'s comment was that people assume quotas now when a player of colour is picked in front a white player that they think should of played. Does not make them wrong, but does not make then correct either.

Last edited: