• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Close enough to the number as well as to being bowled through the gate.
Yup, wasn't far off.

Incidentally, lucky for Aust that the shortleg's legs were apart or they wouldn't have seen that hotspot. Although with the umpire giving it, snicko would probably have been enough. Definitely out for mine.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Reckon this pitch might be a bit quicker than anticipated. Should still be good for batting later on though.

Burgey

Ok, I know it's juvenile, but I'll get the hot spot between the legs joke out of the way now

Zinzan

32/4.....Is it really playing that differently to the NZ/Aus Perth test last November? Possibly a bit more bounce, but I've noticed **** all swing.

Starfighter

32/4.....Is it really playing that differently to the NZ/Aus Perth test last November? Possibly a bit more bounce, but I've noticed **** all swing.
A bit of seam movement. Not much, but it's there. That pitch last summer looked like a brown billiard table.

Niall

International Coach
I dunno, maybe this is a pitch that Morne Morkel would have enjoyed?:ph34r:

Last edited:

Burgey

It's just a road. Everyone makes runs in Australia. Everyone. Always. No one ever gets bowled out.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
that ad just played on nine with davey warner sitting on the couch talking about his tv was the best thing ever

the big bambino

International Captain
Surprised SA didn't go with Morkel ahead of Philander. His height and bounce would have offset the other Saffer bowlers. He took a cheap 5fer at Perth in an odi (Hazlewood is our Morkel equivalent and also took 5 in that game).

morgieb

I'd probably wait until the ball loses its shine, but there is seam movement there and there are green patches. I also think the ball has a bit to do with it - it hasn't gone out of shape anywhere near as much as last year.

Jeez David Warner can barely speak. One of the people that you say "well lucky you're good at sport"

StephenZA

Surprised SA didn't go with Morkel ahead of Philander. His height and bounce would have offset the other Saffer bowlers. He took a cheap 5fer at Perth in an odi (Hazlewood is our Morkel equivalent and also took 5 in that game).
Morkel was never going to replace Philander.... it was either 4 seamers or 3 and spinner. Morkel tends to struggle to pitch the ball up and just gets left alone on the bounce.