• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in Bangladesh 2016

BoyBrumby

Englishman
In all fairness Woakes would be in the XI for his bowling alone.

Proved a lot of folk wrong, myself definitely included.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That's the trade off innit? Both these blokes have struggled to make an impact with the ball (their primary role) but here they are making up for it with the bat.

Dunno, how long this will work for us, and against (no offence) better opponents if it will. But I do like that you can never write us off until you've got the last wicket.
Well woakes has been doing it with the ball for the last bit as well.

Our problems this series is the top order, talking about anything else is a bit pointless. Yes some of the bowling has been uninspired, but other bits (mainly Stokes, but a little from Moeen and broad) has been inspired, if you keep that up you'll do okay, but if you keep batting like our top order has you will start failing miserably sooner rather than later.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
170-1 versus 144-8 which team gets the first innings lead?

Brilliant partnership by Woakes and Rashid.

Rashid to bat at 4 instead of Ballance in India?

Mushy has been awful since lunch with the choice of bowlers.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Lead!

If I went back to the start of the year I think I'd easily find people saying that Woakes should never play for England again.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
That's the trade off innit? Both these blokes have struggled to make an impact with the ball (their primary role) but here they are making up for it with the bat.

Dunno, how long this will work for us, and against (no offence) better opponents if it will. But I do like that you can never write us off until you've got the last wicket.
Jeez mate, 3-30 isn't making an impact with the ball? :ph34r:

indiaholic

International Captain
This is amazing is what it is. Depth is such a huge advantage for England. You can never rely on a lollapse to get them out because the number of individuals that will need to have a brain fade is too large.

Howe_zat

Audio File
FTR it's the point of impact that counts if the batsman is at the crease, not whether the ball would have descended. Woakes' back foot was well in the crease.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
FTR it's the point of impact that counts if the batsman is at the crease, not whether the ball would have descended. Woakes' back foot was well in the crease.
Yeah but it's still at waist height if he's stood upright which he's clearly not