• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in Bangladesh 2016

Bijed

International Regular
That doesn't explain why they've picked Finn over Ball though.

Ansari also confirmed in for Batty. Rashid still plays. FFS
Gotta say I feel for Batty here, gotta be a bit crushing waiting 11 years dreaming you'll play test matches again, finally getting called up, doing decently and then getting dropped whilst someone who was basically worse than you keeps their spot

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Jake Ball would have been more successful here in mirpur than Finn. He has this subtle variation which is needed in these type of pitches. I'm not sure Finn has got those in his armoury. Banging in short and even good length deliveries out and out might not work unless you have slower ones and and know how to set up batsmen. Ball did all these things in ODIs and got success. This being said knowing BD batsmen there is a highly likelikhood that they might gift wickets to Finn. Without Broad and Batty, bowling attack looks really thin tbh. Stokes has to do do something special again.

hazsa19

International Regular
Gotta say I feel for Batty here, gotta be a bit crushing waiting 11 years dreaming you'll play test matches again, finally getting called up, doing decently and then getting dropped whilst someone who was basically worse than you keeps their spot
I would imagine Batty has done enough to earn himself a start in India. If Ansari looks alright and Rashid struggles again it'll surely be Rashid who misses out.

Our spin options are woeful.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think they probably want to play Rashid in India but if he bowls badly in this match then they know they can just bring Batty back in. Fairly happy with that part of the selection.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Fairly sure an inanimate carbon rod would have more impact on this test match than Steven Finn. 0-44 from 14 overs in 2 innings and about 3 runs with the bat.

Strange that Woakes seems to have gone from low 80s to touching 90s but Finn has gone from mid 90s to Ian Austin pace. Mixes well with the lads though

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If it wasn't for that clutch Mushy wicket England were well on their way to a loss. Poor Batty.

cnerd123

likes this
I'm gonna go on a limb and say it - while I totally understand England wanting to get some of their bench some game-time before the India series and that this match is their only real option to do so, I think they're gonna slip up as a result. They've dropped two of their key performers from a narrow victory in the first Test for a unproven debutant and a bowler who struggles for rhythm and isn't suited to the pitch.

I think BD can win this one.

Cue 100 on debut for Ansari, 5 wickets for Finn, and a 300 run loss for BD.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm gonna go on a limb and say it - while I totally understand England wanting to get some of their bench some game-time before the India series and that this match is their only real option to do so, I think they're gonna slip up as a result. They've dropped two of their key performers from a narrow victory in the first Test for a unproven debutant and a bowler who struggles for rhythm and isn't suited to the pitch.

I think BD can win this one.

Cue 100 on debut for Ansari, 5 wickets for Finn, and a 300 run loss for BD.
You've destroyed all the positivity in the previous lines with the last 'but' line.

“…nothing someone says before the word “but” really counts ” — Benjen Stark