• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in Bangladesh 2016

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Guess they want him for all 5 of the India tests and think that playing in this one is too much for his body. Only reason I can think.
That doesn't explain why they've picked Finn over Ball though.

Ansari also confirmed in for Batty. Rashid still plays. FFS

Last edited:

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Finn for Broad confirmed. Don't get that one at all, how is Broad in need of a rest?
You want him sitting this one out or missing one in India??

I still can't get over the schedule for the Indian series, 5 tests in 6 weeks is just ****ing ridiculous. I don't want to see rotations and resting of players, I want to see our best 11 on the park every game, but when the dumb **** boards come up with **** like this I can't see any other way.

And it wont just be about resting Broad, it will be about getting some test match bowling into Finn.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

I still can't get over the schedule for the Indian series, 5 tests in 6 weeks is just ****ing ridiculous. I don't want to see rotations and resting of players, I want to see our best 11 on the park every game, but when the dumb **** boards come up with **** like this I can't see any other way.

And it wont just be about resting Broad, it will be about getting some test match bowling into Finn.
Finn has played 8 out of 10 Tests this year, that will be 9 out of 11 shortly. Despite taking 17 wickets @ 44 this year, so basically 1 wicket an innings. So he's been rubbish, unreliable, releasing the pressure hence the low workload. I know lets keeping picking him and ****ing over the next cab off the rank.

Howe_zat

Audio File

It's 7 tests in 8 and a half weeks.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Finn has played 8 out of 10 Tests this year, that will be 9 out of 11 shortly. Despite taking 17 wickets @ 44 this year, so basically 1 wicket an innings. So he's been rubbish, unreliable, releasing the pressure hence the low workload. I know lets keeping picking him and ****ing over the next cab off the rank.
Get someone in from Durham

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year

I agree in principle but look at Woakes' schedule over the past few months and tell me who is more in need of a rest. Especially since he's an allrounder. And Broad is a more important bowler in Bangladesh.

Bijed

International Regular
Whilst he certainly hasn't been anywhere near as good as he can be, in fairness to him he had a LOT of catches put down off his bowling, IIRC. I agree that I'd rather see Ball, though, especially as he was arguably unlucky to be dropped in the first place.

With Broad rested though, what happens now if Stokes, Woakes & Finn all gun it in this test? Does he stay rested until one of them does badly? Would seem strange

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Is Shafiul injured? Why will kamrul play again?
Weird to see kamrul still in the squad and if he's picked again I'm boycotting this test match. Today there was rain in the morning which got settled in the afternoon and sun broke out somewhat. If its overcast or rain in the night, pitch likely to help fast bowlers in the morning? Still I would go for only Subashis as pacer and depend on the rest of the spinners rather than carrying the passenger