• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in Bangladesh 2016

Shady Slim

International Coach
been turned off him ever since he acted like a phallus to pakistan, and he was playing awfully so it was just stupid

Bijed

International Regular
been turned off him ever since he acted like a phallus to pakistan, and he was playing awfully so it was just stupid
Hales? Yeah, I thought he let himself down badly in that respect in that series, which was a shame as up to that point I'd quite liked him

ImpatientLime

International Regular
Cook largely resorted to seamers on a turning, deteriorating track. Thoughts on this? Worked out fine in the end but trusting the spinners more would have been better.
fail to see how picking the decision that would have lost them the game would have been better.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Would you diregard that Inzi ton against Bangladesh from 10 or so years ago?
No and I am glad you brought that up because that was the moment when I realized that everyone who advocates taking out runs against BD and Zimb don't know jack **** about cricket.
If your knock is the difference between your team winning and losing a test match, I don't care what CW snobs say, those runs are ****ing important.
YK played a similar knock against Zimbabwe in 2013 which made the difference between winning and losing, so much so that when YK failed in the following test, Pakistan lost to Zimbabwe.

I have always maintained this point and questioned the status quo here which had a blanket rule against BD and Zimbabwe purely because their teams hardly play against these nations so chances of them experiencing such knocks taking place is rare.

I am glad this match took place in the way that it did and hopefully ruffle some feathers.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No and I am glad you brought that up because that was the moment when I realized that everyone who advocates taking out runs against BD and Zimb don't know jack **** about cricket.
If your knock is the difference between your team winning and losing a test match, I don't care what CW snobs say, those runs are ****ing important.
YK played a similar knock against Zimbabwe in 2013 which made the difference between winning and losing, so much so that when YK failed in the following test, Pakistan lost to Zimbabwe.

I have always maintained this point and questioned the status quo here which had a blanket rule against BD and Zimbabwe purely because their teams hardly play against these nations so chances of them experiencing such knocks taking place is rare.

I am glad this match took place in the way that it did and hopefully ruffle some feathers.
I must admit I don't spend much time in comparison threads nowadays, but in general, since certain members aren thankfully erst, I don't see this as much as I used to here.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
He's not that bad. Has hit a Test fifty and a matchwinning knock in the world cup against England. If he'd wanted to play an actual shot he could have.

The bat was nowhere close to the ball until after it'd hit his pad.
Sounds like that time Colingwood got out lbw to Johnson at Perth.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Our spinners easier to get away so went for the option that would have taken Bangladesh longer banking on the tail not lasting. That is my view anyway.
Yeah I thought that's the reason he went for it as well. Not agree with it as I feel Rashid and Batty in tandem would have got the job done earlier. Kudos to Broad though. He bowled with a lot of steel to the tail.

Furball

Evil Scotsman

Pretty much the only person who advocated that stance was Richard.

I can see why you'd think it was the whole site as Richard had about 75% of the posts on the forum at one point.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah I thought that's the reason he went for it as well. Not agree with it as I feel Rashid and Batty in tandem would have got the job done earlier. Kudos to Broad though. He bowled with a lot of steel to the tail.
Did you not notice Broads wickets last night, Stokes today, or how ****ing **** Rashid is?

91Jmay

International Coach
Great win against a very solid side - especially at home. Stokes can bowl like that in India could solve a potential wicket taking issue for us.

A good game next Test and he should have higher batting average than bowling average.