• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in Bangladesh 2016

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anderson is out of first India test. Not even sure he is on tour.
I would be tempted not to take him. Unless the Loins have some games in the next month or so he can play he will be coming in cold into a tough series and we saw after his injury last winter how rusty he was.

Daemon

Bangladesh will reach 100/2 at which point there'll be a few panic attacks among our resident England contingent, and then they'll promptly collapse for 150 or so.
That jinx from vcs was because he wanted his prediction to come true imo. wac.

Zinzan

Lol Sehwag taking on both Bangladesh & Piers Morgan within the same week, some contrast.

OverratedSanity

"They can surprise you in ODIs but not in Tests."

Why? "Because they can't take 20 Indian wickets. Even Sri Lanka found it difficult. Bangladesh can't. They are an ordinary side."

There was not even an attempt at civility. There were no standard responses like "they are an upcoming side", "you can't take anyone lightly", or "they have some talented players." Nothing. He just saw the ball and hit it.

It's not as if Sehwag was even trying to be provocative. There certainly was no condescension, nor was it an act of trying to win any psychological points. It's how he has usually been addressing press conferences for some time now. And it certainly wasn't directed, at least solely, against Bangladesh.

Sample this.

"Where is Dhoni?" "He is taking a break". "Is he fine?" (The questioner wanted to know why he didn't come for the press conference). "He is enjoying himself. He is relaxing in the dressing room."

"What's your thought on the pitch?" "I haven't seen it."

Cue an awkward silence. It was a permanent feature of the conference. At one point, early on during one such period, Sehwag leaned forward and said, "thank you." Some laughed, some remained silent, some looked on quizzically and slowly more questions started to trickle. However, the answers continued to be fired with an impassive face and almost all questions were longer than the replies.
So good. :laugh:

vcs

Decent session that for Bangladesh, match is 55-45 in England's favour I'd say.

91Jmay

International Coach
Bangladesh are looking to chase this in the next 40 overs by the look of it, if Mahmudullah's innings is anything to go by

vcs

Funniest thing was, he got ripped a bit after the first day's play when Tendulkar had to bail India out and take us to a reasonable total. Then we took a smallish lead, they failed to bowl us out in the 2nd innings and I think Sehwag then reminded everyone that he'd said that they wouldn't be able to take 20 wickets. :laugh:

OverratedSanity

Funniest thing was, he got ripped a bit after the first day's play when Tendulkar had to bail India out and take us to a reasonable total. Then we took a smallish lead, they failed to bowl us out in the 2nd innings and I think Sehwag then reminded everyone that he'd said that they wouldn't be able to take 20 wickets. :laugh:
He declared with India 8 wickets down and in the press conference said "They still didn't take 20 wickets".

I love that we recount these Sehwag quotes every few months.