• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Cricket Dhaba

Best thread name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Burner

International Regular
I probably wouldn't pay money to watch Pujara bat but I love the guy. Such a likeable ****. I still remember a match where he was being sledged profusely and he just grinned at the bowler not knowing what to do.

anil1405

International Captain
Virender Sehwag
Sunil Gavaskar
Rahul Dravid (c)
Sachin Tendulkar
VVS Laxman
MS Dhoni (wk)
Kapil Dev
Amar Singh
Anil Kumble
Mohammad Nissar
Subhash Gupte
12th man: Mohammad Azharuddin
Coach: Ajit Wadekar
Manager: CK Nayudu

India?s 500th Test: An all-time XI - Cricket Country

Experts at Cricketcountry on the other hand pick this team as India's best XI.

Rahul Dravid(c) is cringeworthy though.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Virender Sehwag
Sunil Gavaskar
Rahul Dravid (c)
Sachin Tendulkar
VVS Laxman
MS Dhoni (wk)
Kapil Dev
Amar Singh
Anil Kumble
Mohammad Nissar
Subhash Gupte
12th man: Mohammad Azharuddin
Coach: Ajit Wadekar
Rahul Dravid(c) is cringeworthy though.
Why? He won an away series in England and managed huge egos in the side without controversy during his tenure as captain.

And also, the coach should be Gary Kirsten and that match fixing piece of **** called Azharuddin should be nowhere near the XI. Seriously, **** that ****. Javagal Srinath should be 12th man.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
I'd be picking MAK Pataudi in the all time XI and putting him as skipper tbh.

Also I'm a fan of Gupte but I wouldn't pick him over Bedi or Chandra.

anil1405

International Captain
Dravid hasn't been bad as a skipper, not sure if he has been exceptional either. And to have him as skipper for India's best eleven doesn't sound so convincing imo.

anil1405

International Captain
Also its interesting (or rather naive) to note that cricinfo hasn't shortlisted Amar Singh and Nissar while cricket country has picked both pacers in India's best eleven.

Which calls for a debate as to how should the Indian pace bowlers be ranked in terms of their performance?
Is Kapil a unanimous choice or does Amar Singh or Nissar have a fair shout for the top spot? (in terms of pure bowling abilities)
How and where do Srinath and Zaheer rank in this list?
Who is a better pacer, Srinath or Zaheer?

anil1405

International Captain
There's a difference between "not convincing" and "cringeworthy" though.

IMO, Dravid was a very good captain.
Yea fair enough, coming to think of it he hasn't been bad. Its just that Dravid being a skipper of the best eleven doesn't sound as convincing maybe coz of his short span as skipper.

Shri

Mr. Glass
19 year old wicket keeper batsman Rishabh Pant hit a triple ton(308) today. in the same match where one guy had already scored 351* and another guy had scored 258*.

And we wonder why we don't produce fast bowlers.