• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand tour of Zimbabwe and South Africa 2016

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What proportion of his career wickets has Wagner got in short balls? One third? More even? It's ridiculous, yet wonderful.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Good wicket for Wagner but I do have to say it is disappointing we're not nicking them behind given the ball is swinging so much.

I bet you SA will get a number of wickets caught behind or in the slips.

Last edited:

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
If Wagner bowled 10kph faster, he'd be a less effective bowler. Plays on the batsman's ego beautifully.

"**** this **** thinking he can bowl short at 135kph. I'll show him...

...oh ****"

Starfighter

Going off the cricinfo comms I just had to count through, 40 at the most and 35 at the least.
Pretty much on with the estimate :D
Ridiculous for somebody who's short and not very fast, things generally considered a disadvantage for quick bowlers.
Got a bigger heart than any of 'em though, which makes up for it.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yup, Wagner's short-stuff's gone from joke, to slightly serious, to deadly serious within 3 years. It's like a prank that worked once, so continued forever.

Albi's on to something about playing with the ego.

Starfighter

I reckon he also gets on batsmen's nerves because short bowling is so often his main plan rather than a last resort. Much harder to disrupt his plan due to the risk of hitting an uncontrolled shot.

Edit: Also the **** you attitude

Last edited: