• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand tour of Zimbabwe and South Africa 2016

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
As an aside, NZ viewers, who is this donkey on the Olympic 'Ready for Rio' filler? The woman co-host is clearly frustrated with his buffoonery.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think that was referring to the seam movement he got in that over vs Taylor. There was one full delivery which was literally like a Warne leg break at 130kph.
Ha, this analogy attained meme-status on here when Steyn bowled that amazing spell at Cape Town against India in 2011, except it was 145 kmph in his case. I think some commentator made that comparison.

Flem274*

123/5
this scorecard looks like home, but reading through here sounds like i missed some awesome bowling. kane and taylor play well to survive or were there drops?
It may seem a bit early but after that start I'm calling a Guptill hundred.

:cool:
well done dickhead

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Didn't watch that passage but my dad was saying only Williamson looked like he had a clue, which was more a reflection of how good the bowling was. Sounds like you have to be at KW's level to be able to counter those two at the moment.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There's nothing overly freakish about Cook's injury record given he's a batsman.
Well yes, and it makes you wonder why people are comparing a strike-bowler to a batsman. In the end, if Steyn has longevity it may well be because he hasn't played so much, rather than being flogged into the ground.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Didn't watch that passage but my dad was saying only Williamson looked like he had a clue, which was more a reflection of how good the bowling was. Sounds like you have to be at KW's level to be able to counter those two at the moment.
Some of those deliveries from Philander were close to impossible to lay bat on. Genuinely difficult batting conditions against two class bowlers in poor light with plenty of seam and swing about.

Not sure if anybody heard Umpire Gould at one stage mutter into his mic, "I'd give him a gold medal if he hit that".

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Looks like I missed a good session for SA this morning... pity. Will have to watch highlights later. Hoping for better weather tomorrow.

91Jmay

International Coach
There's nothing overly freakish about Cook's injury record given he's a batsman.
Nothing overly freakish about the second most consecutive Test appearances ever?
Would disagree. Odds are most batsmen would pick up a knock here or there.