• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand tour of Zimbabwe and South Africa 2016

Garson007

State Vice-Captain
I really really really prefer Philander over Morkel, even if he doesn't take wickets these days. Stats simply do not highlight his contribution to our opening bowling.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Assuming Steyn's injury record would be one of those things then? Pretty sketchy thing to leave out of the calculations.

108 matches SA have played since Steyn debuted. Cook's freakish injury record and Steyn's slightly worse than normal for a bowler's is a massive reason for their disparity.
There's nothing overly freakish about Cook's injury record given he's a batsman.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Top bowling, gutted I missed some of it. So much seam movement and only so much the openers could do. Somehow need to survive until this ball is 30 overs old without much more damage.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Philander to Taylor, no run, 130 kph, superb over from the leggie. Good length on middle, Taylor is solidly behind the line
I know he's not the quickest, but that sounds a tad harsh.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Just tuned in, looks like I've missed some top drawer bowling.

Dale Steyn - eating NZ opening batsmen for breakfast since 2006.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Tim Southee's new ball spell looking like more of a waste of a seaming wicket. Could have had SA in real trouble given how well Boult bowled on the first morning.