• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand tour of Zimbabwe and South Africa 2016

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
When Boult's between 135-144, with the majority in the 137-139 region, you know he's on song.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Really pleased to see this from Boult. Not got any wickets yet, but he's been absolutely on the money. Looks back to his normal self.

Meridio

International Regular
Don't agree with the round the wicket angle here. He's been bowling well from over the wicket, just brought one back through the gate that wasn't too far away, but has now changed the angle. We've been guilty of this kind of thing a bit in recent times, just a lack of patience and ability to stick with one plan for a sustained period.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Bracewell's started ok but needs to get much more consistent for a bowler of his type. Seems there's a pressure release ball always around the corner.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Bracewell's started ok but needs to get much more consistent for a bowler of his type. Seems there's a pressure release ball always around the corner.
If he could eliminate that one gimme an over he may actually belong.

Flem274*

123/5
last season he did, but no point being the boring pressure builder when southee and boult are bowling like wellingtonians to central districts in the fourth innings.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Why the hell is Bracewell still playing Test cricket?

69 wickets at 38 in his career, made considerably worse when you take into account him beating up Zimbabwe. He literally has that 6-fer at Hobart and...what exactly? Hobart aside, he's never taken more than 3 in an innings, and it's not like he's been bowling super-dry in recent years either.

#Baker4BCs

Howsie

International Captain
For mine, and I was a big Doug Bracewell fan, as each season passes he's looking more and more like a first class trundler. He lost his ability to swing the ball a long time ago but even then he's looking less and less threatening with every test that passes. I hate to say it but I'm probably done with him as a test match bowler.

Athlai

Not Terrible

69 wickets at 38 in his career, made considerably worse when you take into account him beating up Zimbabwe. He literally has that 6-fer at Hobart and...what exactly? Hobart aside, he's never taken more than 3 in an innings, and it's not like he's been bowling super-dry in recent years either.

#Baker4BCs
It's his potential as a bat Imo. Though never delivers.

Flem274*

123/5

#Baker4BCs
For mine, and I was a big Doug Bracewell fan, as each season passes he's looking more and more like a first class trundler. He lost his ability to swing the ball a long time ago but even then he's looking less and less threatening with every test that passes. I hate to say it but I'm probably done with him as a test match bowler.
he's talking a lot about batting so i think he's going the james franklin route. looks less unco when defending than franklin did but hmmm

looks like a 5th bowler out there atm. hope it changes.