• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand tour of Zimbabwe and South Africa 2016

RxGM

U19 Vice-Captain
of course they'll beat us at home. they always do.

i can't really be bothered hanging myself from the rafters over it though. go have a fap or something. you'll feel better.
Based on our last two tours there, probably an acceptable result would be to make South Africa bat twice in both matches.

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
???????

I hope this is a troll.
From #1 in the world to #7? They've lost home series to Aus and England, and were beaten comprehensively in India.

They're definitely in decline with Smith and Kallis gone, Steyn on the way out and Philander no longer effective as he use to be.

Rabada has been a great find for them, but they've lost that aura they had and are no longer one of the top 3-4 teams in the world.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
No, but Hesson talked of Anderson not being fit to bowl, iirc. Ronchi edges him on crude FC tonnage.
Didn't know there'd been a reason given for Anderson's omission, though assumed it was injury. I'd prefer to stick with Santner as the all-rounder, though would be handy to have Anderson in the squad. There's always the option of playing both too.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
From #1 in the world to #7? They've lost home series to Aus and England, and were beaten comprehensively in India.

They're definitely in decline with Smith and Kallis gone, Steyn on the way out and Philander no longer effective as he use to be.

Rabada has been a great find though.
I think my point is that they are better than their ranking - and they fell so quickly because they were ranked so high. Weird scoring system.

I still fear them - I think the only thing that gives us any type of shot at it is ABDV being missing potentially.

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
I think my point is that they are better than their ranking - and they fell so quickly because they were ranked so high. Weird scoring system.

I still fear them - I think the only thing that gives us any type of shot at it is ABDV being missing potentially.
Swear I read somewhere AB and Morkel were ruled out.

They definitely aren't 7th, but I was illustrating that they're no longer really a top of the table team. IMO they're behind Aus, Eng, India and Pakistan now.

Howe_zat

Audio File
FMD Zimbabwe have been sawn off here. Could have got through the whole session wicketless but they've lost the nightwatchman and the best batsman.

Need another wicketless session with new starters now.

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I expect us to get hammered in SA. It was a good few years, but I expect us to fall back into mediocrity in Tests.

Even though we have all the same bowlers that delivered us those few good years?

You actually have a point that we seem to struggle more than some attacks on flat decks, but huge overreaction.

Shady Slim

International Coach
i know there's no DRS but surely they could have it and just replay the ****ing footage like they're doing in sl, it'd avoid that shocker

Meridio

International Regular
Yeah Zim can rightly feel hacked off with those two decisions. Gone a long way towards losing the game.

Meanwhile, Guptill coming on and looking more threatening than Sodhi/Santner is a bit of an indictment. On this kind of pitch, I reckon the extra overspin the 'proper' spinners put on the ball is actually counting against them a bit - Guptill by comparison won't get over the top of the ball so much, it will be more sidespin, which is probably more dangerous on a pitch that isn't bouncing.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
The worst part about about Sodhi's bowling is that at times he seems to completely lose all ability to land the ball. Maybe an exaggeration but it feels like this spell has been 50% full tosses and 30% half-trackers.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah Zim can rightly feel hacked off with those two decisions. Gone a long way towards losing the game.

Meanwhile, Guptill coming on and looking more threatening than Sodhi/Santner is a bit of an indictment. On this kind of pitch, I reckon the extra overspin the 'proper' spinners put on the ball is actually counting against them a bit - Guptill by comparison won't get over the top of the ball so much, it will be more sidespin, which is probably more dangerous on a pitch that isn't bouncing.
Guptill has always been able to turn it, just struggles to land it.

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
Even though we have all the same bowlers that delivered us those few good years?

You actually have a point that we seem to struggle more than some attacks on flat decks, but huge overreaction.
Compare what Southee and Boult were doing a few years back to what they've been doing the last 12 months.