• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand tour of Zimbabwe and South Africa 2016

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Think this workout will do NZ the world of good. Put some overs into Soults legs and a few of the SA pitches have gone flat recently so is a good experience.
Cape Town`s gone a bit flat recently but the rest tend to give results... think that Durban and Centurion will probably give results (assuming no weather issues!).

Its good to see Zim give some fight.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
@Virya

Make yourself useful son. How many catches has Ross Taylor caught and how many has he shelled. I think I can recall at least 20-30 dropped catches by him. He also catches a shed load. His drop of Ervine last night was a bit annoying.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
@Virya

Make yourself useful son. How many catches has Ross Taylor caught and how many has he shelled. I think I can recall at least 20-30 dropped catches by him. He also catches a shed load. His drop of Ervine last night was a bit annoying.
Checked out his site, if it is accurate then it is an amazing asset. Taylor drops 13% of his catches while the best in the world drop 5-6%

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Checked out his site, if it is accurate then it is an amazing asset. Taylor drops 13% of his catches while the best in the world drop 5-6%
Does it provide any details of when? Only I may be wrong, but intuitively it feels like Taylor's shelled a higher proportion in the 2nd half of his career than the first...

Also I swear there was a 2-3 year period where Fleming pouched everything on offer, then he dropped a few a little later in his career.

Howsie

International Captain
That isn't surprising, Taylor was horrible for a little while a year or two ago. Plus he's always been inconsistent.

Zinzan

I don't remember that at all, I thought he pretty much caught everything early in his career. I distinctly remember a period in which he had close to the best Test and ODI catches-to-matches-ratio of all-time.

African Monkey

U19 Vice-Captain
I don't remember that at all, I thought he pretty much caught everything early in his career. I distinctly remember a period in which he had close to the best Test and ODI catches-to-matches-ratio of all-time.
Must be just me then haha. I remember him dropping a lot of sitters before improving over time or maybe I'm just being harsh.

Zinzan

Must be just me then haha. I remember him dropping a lot of sitters before improving over time or maybe I'm just being harsh.
Don't think you're being harsh, I just remember it being the other way around, hence the question if there's any dates around those drops Virya has compiled, It could be me who's wrong.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Wow, that was a BAD decision. Even to the naked eye it looked like the ball was clearly pitching outside leg. Batsman was right to feel aggrieved.

91Jmay

International Coach
Another stinking decision Zimbabwe have been on the end of. Umpiring in these two tests have been embarrassing.

Zinzan

Indeed, ordinary decision that.

Anyone know if DRS is going to be used in the NZ/SA series?

African Monkey

U19 Vice-Captain
Another stinking decision Zimbabwe have been on the end of. Umpiring in these two tests have been embarrassing.
Chibabha survived a plumb lbw yesterday so it goes both ways, and Tiripano's was hardly a shocker. Probably deserved the benefit of the doubt but far from a shocking decision.