• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I've had enough, Virat Kohli.......

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's not over the top, he's insanely overrated in test cricket. He's closer to Darren Bravo than he is to any of the big three, as I said though you wouldn't believe it with the way he's talked about.
:laugh:

Check the breakdown of KW's and Kohli's records. Maybe that will give you some perspective.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
No he's not. His average is closer to Kane's than Bravo's hey (since that is what you pointed out in your opening post).

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
yeah okay cool we'll play by your rules as to what years and runs count. You've successfully "called Kohli out on this"

Good job.

Howsie

International Captain
yeah okay cool we'll play by your rules as to what years and runs count. You've successfully "called Kohli out on this"

Good job.
So the last year doesn't count, nor does the last 2-3. And we can't use career averages. What are we allowed to use?

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
So the last year doesn't count, nor does the last 2-3. And we can't use career averages. What are we allowed to use?
I never claimed any of this. Use what you want. But my advice would be don't get worked up about a guy with 12 centuries, who scored 4 centuries in one series in Australia, and who averages 46, being rated highly.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Our opinions. Because anything and everything in this thread, and most others, is opinions. If you were born in Nagpur, yours would be different to being born in a silage hut in ND. It's just how life is.

There's no point banging the keyboard over and over with the same point, living in hope you'll shift people's opinions. Funny thing about the internet that, there's almost zero % success rate of someone going 'mmm, actually after the 10+ posts, name calling and sarcasm, I actually see where you're going with that, and my viewpoint has now shifted to yours'. Yet people all over the internet try it on varying platforms every minute of every day.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I really do not see anyone suggesting otherwise in this thread, or maybe I am getting a different drift to what you have been from these posts. Its just that Starc or Broad over Steyn is so much more laughably silly in this era's world XI than Kohli over KW...
Given its a current world XI and Steyn's injury troubles his absence makes sense.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Our opinions. Because anything and everything in this thread, and most others, is opinions. If you were born in Nagpur, yours would be different to being born in a silage hut in ND. It's just how life is.

There's no point banging the keyboard over and over with the same point, living in hope you'll shift people's opinions. Funny thing about the internet that, there's almost zero % success rate of someone going 'mmm, actually after the 10+ posts, name calling and sarcasm, I actually see where you're going with that, and my viewpoint has now shifted to yours'. Yet people all over the internet try it on varying platforms every minute of every day.
This is such a good post.

Howsie

International Captain
Hiw convenient that it includes a series where Kohli did badly in England. It's as if it's been deliberately picked to emphasise a point.
Seriously.....

Okay so we can't use career records, we can't use the last year, we can't use the last two years and we can't use the last three. FMD.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Seriously.....

Okay so we can't use career records, we can't use the last year, we can't use the last two years and we can't use the last three. FMD.
Let's use this since it shows kohli in a much more favorable light :

Batting records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

This is since after that England series. Compares well with the other 3 and averages slightly more than Root, with 1 more hundred despite 10 fewer matches. Kohli better than Root confirmed.

Last edited: