• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand tour of Zimbabwe and South Africa 2016

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Guys, is it really that bad for whites in Zimbabwe? I've been reading a lot about forced farm evictions and the likes, but at the ground I see what appears to be numerous prosperous whites enjoying the Test. I honestly thought it was doom and gloom for the average white person in Zimbabwe.
Its that bad for everybody not just whites.... only people that do well in Zim are those that manage to have money outside Zim. Everybody else struggles.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I can't comment on what life is like in Zimbabwe but it amazes me that ******** Mugabe is still alive at 92. Shouldn't he have shuffled off by now?

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Its that bad for everybody not just whites.... only people that do well in Zim are those that manage to have money outside Zim. Everybody else struggles.
Have you been watching the NZ vs Zim game? Appear to be a lot of prosperous whites in the crowds.

StephenZA

Have you been watching the NZ vs Zim game? Appear to be a lot of prosperous whites in the crowds.
Nobody said their are not prosperous people in Zim... there are in every country... the question is the number and why. In most cases in Zim, it is either through government corruption and cronyism and for the others it is normally people who have money outside the country either by selling overseas and not bringing money back into the country and/or grey market import/exports and finally just having money overseas before it went bad.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Nobody said their are not prosperous people in Zim... there are in every country... the question is the number and why. In most cases in Zim, it is either through government corruption and cronyism and for the others it is normally people who have money outside the country either by selling overseas and not bringing money back into the country and/or grey market import/exports and finally just having money overseas before it went bad.
I find it strange though that people would have money outside Zim and choose to still stay there. If whites are being evicted from their farms and in general brutalized by Mugabe, then why would they return?

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Impressive little spell from Boult. Suddenly looks to have some of the old rhythm back. Getting it through between 138-141 clicks that over, with a hint of late swing.

StephenZA

I find it strange though that people would have money outside Zim and choose to still stay there. If whites are being evicted from their farms and in general brutalized by Mugabe, then why would they return?
Zim is still a beautiful country and if its your home and you need not leave.... also be careful, yes there has been brutalization and eviction of white farmers but not all whites have been victimised. And their is just as much if not more brutalization of the black population that stands up to Mugabe. Zim problems are less racially divided, all Mugabe's actions from 2000 onwards was him holding onto his power when the educated black population started questioning him.

vcs

Just saw that AB is out for the NZ-SA series. :(

Not sure who I should cheer for, as I like both teams. Hoping to see great performances by Steyn, Williamson and Amla. Should have been 3 rather than 2 Tests, but NZ seem to love their short series.

Zinzan

Just saw that AB is out for the NZ-SA series. :(

Not sure who I should cheer for, as I like both teams. Hoping to see great performances by Steyn, Williamson and Amla. Should have been 3 rather than 2 Tests, but NZ seem to love their short series.
We don't 'love' them, we just rarely get the option of playing longer series. And with drawn series, it's often been the 2nd test we've won.

vcs

Yeah, I know. Still it's a shame, given NZ are a quality Test unit and competitive against everyone.

StephenZA

Its particularly stupid that SA play a pointless 5 ODI series against Aus from end September and we have nothing between end Aug to that point.... makes no logical sense we don`t play NZ in a 3rd test. Just stupid.

But on a happy note get to see SA in tests again Friday week :)

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Blocky to be unbanned for one night only, just to amuse CW during Sodhi's attempt to earn New Zealand a tense fifth day victory.