• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand tour of Zimbabwe and South Africa 2016

91Jmay

International Coach
Given over half of their entire partnership runs came in one not out innings, think it is fair to say there is a sample size issue with that. They do have some consistent 50-70 partnerships but 365* skews that massively.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd have let Watling get his century before declaring but in fairness the innings was starting to meander quite a bit.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Ball's not swinging but this has been much more impressive from these two, much more heat and venom. Will need to maintain it.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Boult's pace seems to be up a bit too..mostly around 136 if the speed guns are to be believed.

Last edited:

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
enjoying this Zim batting. Want to at least be taken seriously as test players it seems. If they could conceivably soak up 100+ overs this innings a draw is on the cards for them

91Jmay

International Coach
Great work from Zim. Make NZ fight tooth and nail for it, which will also benefit the black caps greatly as well.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah but I wanna play Pimp My NZ cricket team where only the ideal candidates are selected (like Big Daddy Kane), not the reality that Guptill is the least bad we could pick right now. Someone tell me about some 19 year old who will be a good opener in four years.
Probably rachin (rhymes with Sachin) Ravindra

May still only be 17 but I would say in 4 years he may be ready to throw on the furnace

Given our successful batsman were all prodigies I would say he could be the next

Or of course glen Phillips he tore it up relative to the other kiwis anyway at the world under 19s tournament

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why? He was pretty much our best batsman in the U19s and will likely be playing for Wellington within the next few years.
Wasn't he also the chap about 2 years younger than everyone else in the squad?

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I doubt Rachin will make it.
Hey, what's your go brother?

You shouldn't be jumping on one of the world's biggest cricket forums to just casually talk down the brand value of any of my Wellington School of Cricket membership chums.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Despite seeing the U19 scorecards in the last tournament, hadn't actually registered that Rachin was an opener. Wonder if he'll stick with that or, like many best-batsmen-in-the-team players, move to the more cash-in-able number 4 position.