• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand tour of Zimbabwe and South Africa 2016

Binkley

U19 Captain
Anybody else watching this? Or are you all more emotionally invested in Rio, the Caketin, or the Petone Winter Fair?

Flem274*

123/5
kept an eye on it during the final. test series desperately needs a new zealand lollapse tbh. i missed a taylor/watling huge partnership last week and i dont even mind.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I thought Zimbabwe would find a way to be more competitive this match. Looks like it's going to have to be their batting that achieves this, as the bowling is as unpenetrative as ever.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Latham and Guptill have moved to third in runs scored for opening partnerships for NZ.

Edgar Wright 1655 @ 31.82
franklin Wright 1543 @ 55.10
Guptill Latham 877* @ 46.15

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Latham and Guptill have moved to third in runs scored for opening partnerships for NZ.

Hopefully they can do the same across the border so that Kane and Ross are facing a reasonably old ball.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Speaking of Williamson and Taylor, they have the most runs scored as a partnership for NZ with 2372. No other pair have passed 2000.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing

This is pretty sad when you think about it.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Speaking of averages. Welcome to the club KW....... 50.10

Last edited:

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not watching, but is Latham's technique holding up (last innings too)? I have no eye for this thing regardless and I remember many worried posts from Hendrix on this matter last summer.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Not watching, but is Latham's technique holding up (last innings too)? I have no eye for this thing regardless and I remember many worried posts from Hendrix on this matter last summer.
I would like to know this too but I've barely watched a ball this series and just got home. Need answers from people who've watched or some type of vault-generated answer hint hint

Flem274*

123/5
the zimbabwean cameramen give even less ****s than the south africans. the bloke blatantly stared at some ice cream eating brunettes **** for about a full minute.

more likely to disturb middle stump than this bowling tbh

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Although getting out after nearly batting through the whole day just short of his previous high score we should be happy Latham scored a century and not 40ish

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
A century on this pitch against this attack is probably worth his typical 40. Which makes Guptill's 87 his typical 22

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Latham ought to be disappointed. A day-and-a-half of batting and *really* kicking on might have been a breakthrough for him. But since stamina and concentration seem to be his main issues, we should be happy he's had two centuries to go with his stint at Kent. Probably enough going into the Saffer series despite the obvious step up in quality.