• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016

smash84

The Tiger King
Time for Amir to step up, not been good enough so far this series and now that has batting has gone, if he fails here, Imran should come in the next test.
yes, tbf it was stupid to expect him to come back after 6 years of test cricket and run through sides, but he's been poor even if we take that into account. He is looking useless and definitely not very fit.

Niall

International Coach
yes, tbf it was stupid to expect him to come back after 6 years of test cricket and run through sides, but he's been poor even if we take that into account. He is looking useless and definitely not very fit.
Not much swing either.

Reminding me a lot of the current Junaid Khan rather than the Amir of 2010.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think he's doing okay. Not like Pakistan have ever had good tailenders so I dunno why you bring up his form with the bat

But he's averaging 35 since coming back and he's versing the quality of Cook and Root at home so I say he deserves a full series. Had a few crucial catches dropped off him too

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Massive issue for Pakistan that they've had Cook scoring at over five an over this series. Their lines have been awful.

91Jmay

International Coach
Feel like that has made him a bit looser though. He has played lines he would normally leave when he is in great form.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Massive issue for Pakistan that they've had Cook scoring at over five an over this series. Their lines have been awful.
Sohail's 7 (8) aside, Cook has the highest strike rate of any batsman on either side this series. Striking at 74.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I think he's doing okay. Not like Pakistan have ever had good tailenders so I dunno why you bring up his form with the bat

But he's averaging 35 since coming back and he's versing the quality of Cook and Root at home so I say he deserves a full series. Had a few crucial catches dropped off him too
I've been been quite impressed with him given he was out the game officially for 5 years. You can still see the raw talent there, he just looks rusty as ****.

Leaving aside the debate of whether or not he should be playing (funnily enough I've mellowed a bit since he's come back) I think in an ideal world he would have had a bit more time in First Class cricket before making a Test return.

Niall

International Coach
England strong favourites with the bookies right now, understandable this bowling looks pretty tepid, anything over 175 will be very hard to chase when you consider useless Younis and the tail of Pakistan.