• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes they're outplaying us, yes our bowling has been crap, yes they deserve to lead the series if they continue in this fashion. But, watching Misbah dead bat his way to 50 as if he were playing in Dubai is a shocking indictment of the pitch. No denying it imo.
What does dead bat his way to 50 even mean? Finn's got plenty to whistle past him or even take the edge, he's just played well.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good session for Pakistan, to only lose 2 wickets and have a handy lead already means they are miles on top now.

Guess the best we can hope for now is to slow them down as much as possible and bat out for a draw by occupying the crease.

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah this pitch is not dead. It isn't a good pitch, worst I've seen at Edgbaston in a Test since the Ashes draw to Aus in 09 (I think) but if you drop a batsmen on 38 who makes a ton it tends to put the opposition on top.

smash84

The Tiger King
Yeah this pitch is not dead. It isn't a good pitch, worst I've seen at Edgbaston in a Test since the Ashes draw to Aus in 09 (I think) but if you drop a batsmen on 38 who makes a ton it tends to put the opposition on top.
Pak have lost sooo many tests thanks to their fielding

Groundking

International Debutant
I know we've been utter **** this test, but I still don't understand why we'd produce such **** slow and low pitches again, it's absolutely stupid.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
tbf England bowled generally well in the UAE. Wasn't easy to score off their pacers there
This is the thing, even if you compare this pitch to a UAE pitch, our quicks actually bowled far better on those than they have even here, so it's immaterial.

Groundking

International Debutant
122 overs in and none of these clowns have managed to successfully pitch the ball up and get anything out of it, utter ****.

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah, never looked out. Pakistan already have a big enough advantage though I think. Anything more than 100 is match winning.