• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I reckon Pakistan have done well, but it's still even given the form some of the Pakistani batsmen are in. If the ball is still moving like it was just now then England might even be ahead.

Daemon

Happy for Sohail Khan. I met him at the Unity Cup a couple of years ago and he came off as a really laid back and nice guy.
Didn't bother mentioning that before his 5-fer did you? Some people only want to ride on the coattails of success :\

Agent TBY

International Captain
Was it last year in Sheffield Shield, maybe the year before. There was a declaration when still trailing second innings of the match because the bowling conditions were so good? I'm sure the deficit was still 50-100 or something. Skittled the opposition out sharpish and won the match.

Could be misremembering details.
I somehow recall the same thing happening in FC cricket in West Indies or something but it backfired
Wait it wasn't an FC game, it was a Test match.

Australia nearly lost too, that would've been funny

1st Test: West Indies v Australia at Bridgetown, Apr 7-11, 2012 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo
Don't forget about this.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Ummm that is a non hideous score I suppose.

Advantage always with the side that takes 10 wickets in a day. Also a brave call to bowl first from Misbah that paid off.

I haven't seen anything but would venture that a par score is basically always 310-350 in England. Which end of that scale are we.

Compton

International Debutant
Taking the last wicket too close to stumps to start their innings is a great result for Pakistan.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha remember when Jimmeh used to be a dour, defensive tail-ender?
Yep, and far more effective too. Now he just rolls over like Broad.

Since the start of 2012 he averages 8.85, he averaged 11.91 before then. Despite his 81 happening in the later period.

The main thing though is since 2012 he averages just under 15 balls less than before. Since 2012 he averages 18.5 balls per dismissal, as opposed to 33.1 balls previously. That's a massive difference and he's not just costing himself runs but costing the guy at the other end, and the team.

Zinzan

The wicket offering much fellas and how's it likely to play over the next couple of days?

All out for 297 seems like a great day for Pakistan, but could easily see them rolled for 170 in response.