• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't think I like all this talk about Edgbaston being "our Gabba"........where and when did that start??

FMD, it is in no way a fortress for England in the way that the Gabba is for the Cons.

Edit:

Oh I see it has come from Broad.......that's OK then.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't think I like all this talk about Edgbaston being "our Gabba"........where and when did that start??

FMD, it is in no way a fortress for England in the way that the Gabba is for the Cons.
We haven't got a fortress. Though I guess 7 wins in our last 9 games there is as good a record as it gets.

Just seen we have won 6 of our last 7 tests at Trent Bridge too. Guess where we should play our first 2 matches on the next home ashes series?

Shady Slim

International Coach
i think you should stick to a policy of playing every ashes test at trent bridge from here on in if you want to guarantee victory

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I think I agree with PEWS now about getting Azhar Ali to open. In that way, they can also use another middle-order batsman. Their reserve middle-order batsmen are possibly better than Shan Masood and Sami Aslam.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think I agree with PEWS now about getting Azhar Ali to open. In that way, they can also use another middle-order batsman. Their reserve middle-order batsmen are possibly better than Shan Masood and Sami Aslam.
Yeah their reserve middle order guys have always been better than their openers; I think it should have happened ages ago. I suspect the only reason it hasn't happened is because they've been expecting Younis and/or Misbah to retire for a while, and so having Azhar at three would give them more middle order stability then.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
We haven't got a fortress. Though I guess 7 wins in our last 9 games there is as good a record as it gets.

Just seen we have won 6 of our last 7 tests at Trent Bridge too. Guess where we should play our first 2 matches on the next home ashes series?
Yes the only one we didn't win at Trent Bridge was that pudding pitch where Jimmy nearly got a century.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I don't hate Shan tbh. He probably should never have been picked but he has some reasonable abilities against seamers I reckon. Is probably just not good enough but he does have an opener's mentality.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I don't hate Shan tbh. He probably should never have been picked but he has some reasonable abilities against seamers I reckon. Is probably just not good enough but he does have an opener's mentality.
His main problem is that he is Anderson's bunny.

OverratedSanity

His main problem is that he's **** against swing. Boult made him look really awful a couple of times in that series in uae.

I'm with hendrix as in I like him since he doesn't throw his wicket away with truly atrocious shots that often, but he's just not good enough against quality pace bowling.

flibbertyjibber

Pakistan going for the defensive bowl first option as they don't trust their batting. Takes the spinner out of the game basically.