• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I'd bat first, hour one might do a bit but it is a fast scoring pitch and 350 first innings will be a really good score.
England may decide to bat first. But the way Pakistan top 4 have played - exposing them to Anderson-Broad on Edgbaston day 1 morning isn't likely to end well. There are talks of replacing Shan Masood by Sami Aslam, but I don't know if that'll improve things.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hasn't Wood, been playing for Durham this week? thought I saw his name on the scorecards..
Yes but it's his first games in a few months, I don't blame the England selectors for waiting until next match.

I think you'll see him in the squad for Game 4.

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Wood was literally out from November to July and had two operations on the same ankle in that time. Needs more than a few domestic limited overs games to play back to back test matches...

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm fearing that Pakistan will win the toss and decide to bat first. Please don't - this is not Lord's or Old Trafford.
This is the mantra that Misbah likes to follow though. And the team and bowlers feel far more comfortable with that approach than they do bowling first. They feel like they are not sure what to do when bowling first.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
They need a bit of variety and wahab has been a step below the other 2. So he should make way for somebody who should be able to take more wickets.
I have been hearing this line of thinking from the start of the series "oh Pakistan are going to play 3 left armers"
For most part of cricketing history, teams have played 3 right arm seamers..never heard anyone express any concern 'lack of variety' then.

You pick your best bowlers. Period.

Having said that, Wahab is likely to make way for Imran or Sohail and it might not be a bad thing because Wahab did look a tad short of his best in the second test.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Shehzad averages 43 from 11 tests with 3 tons and 3 fifties

Surely he can't be classified as a 'walking wicket'

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Shehzad averages 43 from 11 tests with 3 tons and 3 fifties

Surely he can't be classified as a 'walking wicket'
Yeah that was until he got hit on the head by Corey Anderson. He is a walking wicket in all formats since 2015. Plus there are other off field problems..he doesn't quite fit in this team.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Either bring in Aslam or make Ali open and bring in Ifitkhar or Rizwan. Masood is just..no.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Wood clearly not fit enough yet. Finn vs Ball is a judgement call but I'd suggest Finn offers a bit more variety then Ball and was exceedingly unlucky in that spell at Lords.
Perhaps another factor is how well Finn did at Edgbaston last year. Obviously not enough in itself, but maybe significant in a close call.