• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016

91Jmay

International Coach
Younis >> Cook

I won't give extra marks to Cook just because England is the spammer of test cricket. If Pakistan played as many test matches as England, Younis would score many more than Cook,
Younis has batted like a flog in a blender this series. No chance you can currently take him over Cook.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Yepp YK has finally been exposed as the FTB that he always was.
Younis always did well on away tours during his prime. The issue for Younis right now is he is 41 (as confirmed by him in an interview) and over the last few years he has not ventured outside Asia Hassan Cheema has a very good article on cricinfo about Younis. Younis crouch which has been a very recent development has allowed him to amass big runs in UAE but that same crouch has been his undoing on pitches which have some bounce.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Younis always did well on away tours during his prime. The issue for Younis right now is he is 41 (as confirmed by him in an interview) and over the last few years he has not ventured outside Asia Hassan Cheema has a very good article on cricinfo about Younis. Younis crouch which has been a very recent development has allowed him to amass big runs in UAE but that same crouch has been his undoing on pitches which have some bounce.
If Younis is 3 years older than his given age....how ****ing old must Misbah be?

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Yepp read that. Excellent piece. He has been talking about his crouch for over a year now and he had correctly anticipated that it would cause issues in 2016 when Pakistan play overseas.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Misbah officially made his first class debut at 24, it wouldn't surprised me to learn that he's actually a few years younger than the record shows.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Have you actually watched any of this series?? Younis Khan has been replaced by the donkey from Shrek FFS.
Yeah only 2 tests matter when comparing Younis and Cook - all the 20000 runs made before that are completely irrelevant. We should also decide the best all-time batsman from one test only - when Agarkar scored the century at Lord's.

Last edited:

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
All those 20,000 runs count for nothing if he's gone to **** by the time you pick the bloke.

If your going to say you'd take Younis over Cook fine but don't try and imply he'd get into a team ahead of Cook as they are playing now because its patently false especially in regards to this current series.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
I like that they're showing faith with him. Bowled better in the second innings at Lord's than he had all summer, and he's been picking up wickets despite being out of sorts, as he always has.

Obviously his place was untenable given Woakes' performances but I don't see a problem with him being next in the ranks. As I said at the end of the Sri Lanka series, bowlers are never given anywhere near as much leeway as batsmen, but given his Australia and South Africa series he deserves some. Admittedly his career has had too many false starts but the only way to get the most out of him is to keep him around.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's not jettisoned, he's just behind Finn in the pecking order.

I've always found it slightly weird that somehow a player can go from being good enough to be selected in the Test XI (though admittedly on thin ice) to then being out of the squad in the next.