• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in New Zealand 2016

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
:laugh: It's quaint you think that. It again shows up you didn't really see the difference between the two morning sessions and how much movement the bowlers got for Australia off the wicket versus NZ.
Oh ffs. Here at CW we at least try avoid being dickish to our fellow posters. That means don't be rude, vulgar or condescending. If you want to be a liked and respected member community then stop saying arrogant **** like this.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Maybe they're better bowlers and got more out of it

Anyway, enough of this tripe. Best thing for the game here would be Australia to get rolled by tea and NZ to bat well in the evening session. Could set up a good finish

Jord

U19 Vice-Captain
Oh ffs. Here at CW we at least try avoid being dickish to our fellow posters. That means don't be rude, vulgar or condescending. If you want to be a liked and respected member community then stop saying arrogant **** like this.
OMG you're sensitive. It's banter, he wants to throw some my way, I'll throw some back. I'm not the one claiming this is a weak Australian side.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Spark being told his thinking is quaint.

Things I never thought I'd see. Stick that in your Large Hadron Collider and smoke it, I guess.

Compton

International Debutant
:laugh: It's quaint you think that. It again shows up you didn't really see the difference between the two morning sessions and how much movement the bowlers got for Australia off the wicket versus NZ.
Yeah, that's it. The reason Australia are going to take a massive first innings lead for the second match in a row is because the pitch played nicely on day two. Not because their batsman applied themselves to get through the tough spells, or bowlers actually stuck to a plan for more than half an over.

[Actually had typed a passive aggressive emoticon there. Deleted it for you, Spark]

Spark

Global Moderator
Spark being told his thinking is quaint.

Things I never thought I'd see. Stick that in your Large Hadron Collider and smoke it, I guess.
the stuff I'm currently reading up on is 50 years old, tbf.

Yeah, that's it. The reason Australia are going to take a massive first innings lead for the second match in a row is because the pitch played nicely on day two. Not because their batsman applied themselves to get through the tough spells, or bowlers actually stuck to a plan for more than half an over.

[Actually had typed a passive aggressive emoticon there. Deleted it for you, Spark]
ty

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Keep going Wagner. Getting the Aussies out with short stuff is a win for multiple reasons as they pride themselves on playing the pull shot.

Jord

U19 Vice-Captain

How many times do I need to say that Australia's ability to apply themselves with the bat and not give soft dismissals away is the #1 reason these sides are so far apart in this test series before you realise I've already said that? It still doesn't change the fact they've also had the best of the conditions to bat in.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Wagner definitely the best option we have when it comes to sticking to a plan and boring batsmen out. Just makes it all the more crazy that he's been sitting on the bench for the last 12 months.

Jord

U19 Vice-Captain
Wagner definitely the best option we have when it comes to sticking to a plan and boring batsmen out. Just makes it all the more crazy that he's been sitting on the bench for the last 12 months.
It looks ultimately like he believes he can take wickets where the other guys hope.