• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in New Zealand 2016

Athlai

Not Terrible
Not to take anything away from Voges' innings, but if Illingworth hadn't incorrectly called that no ball how different a game could we be looking at? Voges put on 232, and was involved in combined partnerships of 392.

I personally think Khawaja and Smith did a hell of a job batting us out of the game after being 2 down for SFA but it mightn't have been such a total paddling. Makes it a bit more heartbreaking. Voges is really a man you don't want to get any chances at the moment, white hot form.

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That's a glorious shot by Southee. Inside out over wide mid off. Why the **** doesn't he play aggressive shots like that all the time rather than just trying to mindlessly slog?
This is his natural game and his useless slogs are when he gets instructions to rein it in.

RossTaylorsBox

Not to take anything away from Voges' innings, but if Illingworth hadn't incorrectly called that no ball how different a game could we be looking at? Voges put on 232, and was involved in combined partnerships of 392.

I personally think Khawaja and Smith did a hell of a job batting us out of the game after being 2 down for SFA but it mightn't have been such a total paddling. Makes it a bit more heartbreaking. Voges is really a man you don't want to get any chances at the moment, white hot form.
Probably would've ended up skittling them early on Day 2 for 172. So yeah, basically all Illingworth's fault.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Probably would've ended up skittling them early on Day 2 for 172. So yeah, basically all Illingworth's fault.
Well no, we'd still be way behind but Marsh and Nevill aren't exactly the strongest batsman to have played for Australia. We may have had a chance at bundling them out for less than 300.

Meridio

International Regular
This test has been a bit of a throwback to the bad old days c. 2012. Williamson flirting outside off, Southee & Boult offering nothing when the ball doesn't swing, an ineffective third seamer, Guptill being Guptill, a spinner batting at number 8 who arguably offers more with the bat than the ball.

Must be time to dig up the Doom and Gloom thread.
Also add: lower order hitting once the game is already lost to give a very slightly more respectable look to the scorecard.

RossTaylorsBox

Well no, we'd still be way behind but Marsh and Nevill aren't exactly the strongest batsman to have played for Australia. We may have had a chance at bundling them out for less than 300.
Oh yeah, I agree. We probably wouldn't lose by an innings but I don't think the result would've changed.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Oh yeah, I agree. We probably wouldn't lose by an innings but I don't think the result would've changed.
This kind of loss does give that feeling of us having no momentum whatsoever though. We go in to Christchurch utterly trounced and having never looked even remotely in the match. Losing by 7-8 wickets and we might have been thinking, if only someone had dug in during the first innings and we'd have had them.

grecian

Gotta be one of the best examples of useless stats.

His batting will never influence the outcome of a game, and yet he's highly likely to finish with the most sixes in test history.
Well I kinda agree, but it is still oddly impressive in a trivial way. Yep his rate is so high per Test Match, if he plays for 5 years he'll have the record.